The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
AngelWings
There might already be a post about this I don’t have time to look, but is anyone attending one of the Oxford and Cambridge student conferences next week? I’m going to the one held at Sandown Park race course and I was wondering what I should expect and how helpful it’s going to be. So if anyone’s going or has been to one previously I love to know what it was like. thanks.

I'm going to be working at it so I'll see you Monday!!! It's just basically a load of talks on individual subjects as well as more general things like application procedures, student life, etc. There will be Oxford and Cambridge stands where you can pick up prospectuses and chat to undergrads and admissions staff. Look out for me in the naff Oxford t-shirt and the red hair.
Reply 2
AngelWings
There might already be a post about this I don’t have time to look, but is anyone attending one of the Oxford and Cambridge student conferences next week? I’m going to the one held at Sandown Park race course and I was wondering what I should expect and how helpful it’s going to be. So if anyone’s going or has been to one previously I love to know what it was like. thanks.

I went to one in Leicester last year and found it really useful! Really encouraged me to apply and I even managed to find an undergraduate for Physics and asked him some questions. Only thing that annoyed me was that all the science talks seemed to be at the same time and same with arts! I was then undecided between physics and vet med, but cldnt go to both the physical science talk and the vet talk (eventually went for vet talk, even tho now doing physics!). also later on in the day there was nothing for me to go and listen to, so my mate and i went to an engineering talk for a laugh, were the only 2 girls there and had all the guy's offering us their seats! hehe!

really helpful though, picked up lots of information (altho stands a bit sparse i thought) but really helped me decide how to choose my college and whether it was right for me. definitely recommend it!
Reply 3
i went to the one in manchester, it was really good. the best talks to go to (in my opinion) are the general ones on life in cambridge/oxford- if u havent decided on which uni its a good way of helping you make ur decision- also if u can, chat to the undergrads- i picked this guy's brain for about 10 mins after the talk, asking him about the structure of the mml course, was really useful.

Priya xxx
priya
i went to the one in manchester, it was really good. the best talks to go to (in my opinion) are the general ones on life in cambridge/oxford- if u havent decided on which uni its a good way of helping you make ur decision- also if u can, chat to the undergrads- i picked this guy's brain for about 10 mins after the talk, asking him about the structure of the mml course, was really useful.

Priya xxx

Hi
I'm going to the one in manchester but
i was wondering if someone could tell
me how long the things usually last for?
And how long the subject talks are roughly.
Thanks a lot

Jess xxx
Reply 5
I went to the one at Cheltenham racecourse, it was really good... part of the attraction was a very nice-looking Oxford English student going by the name of Ryan! Anyone at Oxford know him?!
Reply 6
Eeyore
I went to the one at Cheltenham racecourse, it was really good... part of the attraction was a very nice-looking Oxford English student going by the name of Ryan! Anyone at Oxford know him?!

Yes, from Jesus. Irish guy??
Reply 7
hildabeast
Yes, from Jesus. Irish guy??

Yes, indeed!! *excited* Me and my friend were looking about for him all day, he seemed really nice!
Reply 8
Eeyore
Yes, indeed!! *excited* Me and my friend were looking about for him all day, he seemed really nice!

Well I was the girl that was with him for most of the day because we were on the same rota. So there. :tongue:
Reply 9
hildabeast
Well I was the girl that was with him for most of the day because we were on the same rota. So there. :tongue:

:eek: YOu were?! What do you look like, I might have seen you!!

Also, what was Ryan like?! :wink:
Eeyore
:eek: YOu were?! What do you look like, I might have seen you!!

Also, what was Ryan like?! :wink:

Hehe yeh he seems like a nice guy. Don't really know him, just met him through the confeerences. I'm really tall, I was wearing jeams and an Oxford t-shirt, and a red hairband thingy. My hair's long and kind of reddy-brown.
hildabeast
Hehe yeh he seems like a nice guy. Don't really know him, just met him through the confeerences. I'm really tall, I was wearing jeams and an Oxford t-shirt, and a red hairband thingy. My hair's long and kind of reddy-brown.

Hmm, yeah I vaguely recall there being someone with him! Ah, if only I'd know you were gonna be there, I could have actually talked to you!
Eeyore
Hmm, yeah I vaguely recall there being someone with him! Ah, if only I'd know you were gonna be there, I could have actually talked to you!

Lol I'm not that exciting!!!
hildabeast
Lol I'm not that exciting!!!

:eek: but you go to Oxford and you're from UKL! So you are!

Mind if I add you to my sig?! :biggrin:
Eeyore
:eek: but you go to Oxford and you're from UKL! So you are!

Mind if I add you to my sig?! :biggrin:

Awwww, I would be honoured :smile:
hildabeast
Awwww, I would be honoured :smile:

I've got loads of friends on UKL now! :biggrin:
Eeyore
I've got loads of friends on UKL now! :biggrin:

Awww thanks for the rep hildabeast, you're really cool! :smile:
Eeyore
Awww thanks for the rep hildabeast, you're really cool! :smile:

Hehe you should probably stop showering me with compliments soon or my head won't fit through the door and then I won't be able to go home (yay!!!) :biggrin:
hildabeast
Hehe you should probably stop showering me with compliments soon or my head won't fit through the door and then I won't be able to go home (yay!!!) :biggrin:

Awww, I'm sure you're very modest really! :biggrin:
Eeyore
Awww, I'm sure you're very modest really! :biggrin:

Hehe well thanks for the return of rep :smile:
Good luck with uni, etc.

Latest

Trending

Trending