Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know any website where they explain this process I've searched high and low and found nothing at all :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Morgan)
    Does anybody know any website where they explain this process I've searched high and low and found nothing at all :confused:
    what is intrinsic to cartesian? :confused: i know cartesian only

ReputationRep:
    Intrinsic coordinates are where teh point is specified through an arc length and an angle made with the x-axis

ReputationRep:
    an arc length? perhaps you mean a radius in which case you're talking polar coordinates, which I could explain roughly.

I've never heard of a coordinate system which defines in terms of an angle and arc length :|

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    an arc length? perhaps you mean a radius in which case you're talking polar coordinates, which I could explain roughly.

I've never heard of a coordinate system which defines in terms of an angle and arc length :|
    Nope I know polar coordinates, I do mean arc length. They're also reffered to as natural coordinates

ReputationRep:
    Nope I know polar coordinates, I do mean arc length. They're also reffered to as natural coordinates
    Okey, good luck there :| All sounds very long winded, and non intuitive.

ReputationRep:
    here,
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IntegralAnomaly)
    here,
    I love you .

Nah, really, you've saved my skin, thanks so much .

ReputationRep:
    I love you .

Nah, really, you've saved my skin, thanks so much .
    love me? alllllrightey then,anyway if u need any more help.....
    all u have to do is remember what dx/ds and dy/ds is equal to,then play around with the expression to convert frm intrinsic to cartesian.
    By the way were are u gettin these qu from

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IntegralAnomaly)
    love me? alllllrightey then,anyway if u need any more help.....
    all u have to do is remember what dx/ds and dy/ds is equal to,then play around with the expression to convert frm intrinsic to cartesian.
    By the way were are u gettin these qu from

Wanna get married?

We got a truckload of papers to do, this was the P5 Mock, and there's just that locus one left now, I managed to work my way through the rest (with some help). I've scanned the paper in, along with a heap of others I have (something like thirty) and am planning to upload them to the web somewhere

ReputationRep:
    Wanna get married?

We got a truckload of papers to do, this was the P5 Mock, and there's just that locus one left now, I managed to work my way through the rest (with some help). I've scanned the paper in, along with a heap of others I have (something like thirty) and am planning to upload them to the web somewhere
    please do! i need some past p5 papers

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.