The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Morgan
Does anybody know any website where they explain this process I've searched high and low and found nothing at all :confused:

what is intrinsic to cartesian? :confused: i know cartesian only :frown:
Reply 2
Intrinsic coordinates are where teh point is specified through an arc length and an angle made with the x-axis
Reply 3
an arc length? perhaps you mean a radius in which case you're talking polar coordinates, which I could explain roughly.

I've never heard of a coordinate system which defines in terms of an angle and arc length :|
Reply 4
fishpaste
an arc length? perhaps you mean a radius in which case you're talking polar coordinates, which I could explain roughly.

I've never heard of a coordinate system which defines in terms of an angle and arc length :|

Nope I know polar coordinates, I do mean arc length. They're also reffered to as natural coordinates :smile:
Reply 5
Morgan
Nope I know polar coordinates, I do mean arc length. They're also reffered to as natural coordinates :smile:

Okey, good luck there :| All sounds very long winded, and non intuitive.
Reply 7
IntegralAnomaly
here,

I love you :tongue: .

Nah, really, you've saved my skin, thanks so much :biggrin: .
Morgan
I love you :tongue: .

Nah, really, you've saved my skin, thanks so much :biggrin: .

love me? alllllrightey then,anyway if u need any more help.....
all u have to do is remember what dx/ds and dy/ds is equal to,then play around with the expression to convert frm intrinsic to cartesian.
By the way were are u gettin these qu from
Reply 9
IntegralAnomaly
love me? alllllrightey then,anyway if u need any more help.....
all u have to do is remember what dx/ds and dy/ds is equal to,then play around with the expression to convert frm intrinsic to cartesian.
By the way were are u gettin these qu from

Wanna get married? :tongue:

We got a truckload of papers to do, this was the P5 Mock, and there's just that locus one left now, I managed to work my way through the rest (with some help). I've scanned the paper in, along with a heap of others I have (something like thirty) and am planning to upload them to the web somewhere :smile:
Morgan
Wanna get married? :tongue:

We got a truckload of papers to do, this was the P5 Mock, and there's just that locus one left now, I managed to work my way through the rest (with some help). I've scanned the paper in, along with a heap of others I have (something like thirty) and am planning to upload them to the web somewhere :smile:

please do! i need some past p5 papers

Latest

Trending

Trending