The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Kings College London Law Applicants

Has anyone heard anything yet? rejection/interview/offer?

I received one of those "we are still considering you" emails in late December and that was the last that I heard.

Let me know, THANKS :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by dlh

I received one of those "we are still considering you" emails in late January and that was the last that I heard.

Let me know, THANKS :smile:

Hey there! I received an offer for the LLB on 20th November of last year - I sat my LNAT on 12th October, and sent my UCAS off a week or so before that. I wouldn't worry at all - a lot of people still haven't heard from them, and they've just received a massive load of applications. Good luck, and let me know how it goes! Where else did you apply? x
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2

I received one of those "we are still considering you" emails in late January and that was the last that I heard.

Let me know, THANKS

Hi :smile: I'm a British gap year student and received an unconditional offer on January the 4th. I've read in another forum that KCL have had more applicants than ever this year (maybe due to the scholarship) so it's taken them longer to notify people. I noticed a trend this year and the year before that they hand out the international offers, then EU, then Scottish, then home applicants so I wouldn't worry as I've only received a decision in January and sent my UCAS off in September. All the best x
Reply 3
dlh
OP
Original post by DiyaM95
Hey there! I received an offer for the LLB on 20th November of last year - I sat my LNAT on 12th October, and sent my UCAS off a week or so before that. I wouldn't worry at all - a lot of people still haven't heard from them, and they've just received a massive load of applications. Good luck, and let me know how it goes! Where else did you apply? x

Well Done! Thank you, I will do! I also applied to Exeter (offer AAA) Manchester (offer AAB) Bristol (waiting) KCL (waiting) UCL (rejection) with the predicted grades of A*AA. what about you? I applied on the 22nd of October and sat my LNAT on the 9th of October.
Reply 4
dlh
OP
Original post by AyWill
Hi :smile: I'm a British gap year student and received an unconditional offer on January the 4th. I've read in another forum that KCL have had more applicants than ever this year (maybe due to the scholarship) so it's taken them longer to notify people. I noticed a trend this year and the year before that they hand out the international offers, then EU, then Scottish, then home applicants so I wouldn't worry as I've only received a decision in January and sent my UCAS off in September. All the best x

Thanks that puts me a little more at ease, i received ANOTHER "considering you" email yesterday afternoon heart almost stopped ha. I suppose no news is good news! Congrats on your offer! what grades did you apply with?
Reply 5
. Thanks that puts me a little more at ease, i received ANOTHER "considering you" email yesterday afternoon heart almost stopped ha. I suppose no news is good news! Congrats on your offer! what grades did you apply with?

KCL are quite strange to be fair! I received my offer at 7:05pm it was so random! You're definitely still in the running as there have been quite a few rejections apparently due to the LNAT. I applied with A* A* B :smile: so it was quite risky as although my tariff points added up to A* A A it wasn't the exact grades. I'm guessing my LNAT score was decent too! What are you predicted?
Reply 6
I received an offer for the LLB/Maitrise programme the other day so I'm really really happy! :smile: I had a couple 'we are considering you' emails before the actual offer came through so I wouldn't worry! :smile:
Reply 7
dlh
OP
Original post by LuciiAnna
I received an offer for the LLB/Maitrise programme the other day so I'm really really happy! :smile: I had a couple 'we are considering you' emails before the actual offer came through so I wouldn't worry! :smile:

Did you get one this week? Okay good I've had two of those now so I hope they make their mind up soon!xxxxxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by dlh
Well Done! Thank you, I will do! I also applied to Exeter (offer AAA) Manchester (offer AAB) Bristol (waiting) KCL (waiting) UCL (rejection) with the predicted grades of A*AA. what about you? I applied on the 22nd of October and sat my LNAT on the 9th of October.

Well done on your offers :biggrin: I applied to Oxford (Rejection post-interview. Bastards.), UCL (just had a language interview with them which when catastrophically badly!), King's, LSE and Warwick (the latter two are still trolling me).

Would King's be your first choice?
xx
Reply 9
dlh
OP
Original post by DiyaM95
Well done on your offers :biggrin: I applied to Oxford (Rejection post-interview. Bastards.), UCL (just had a language interview with them which when catastrophically badly!), King's, LSE and Warwick (the latter two are still trolling me).

Would King's be your first choice?
xx

Well done! Unlucky about Oxford, pricks! Yeah now I think so seeing as UCL rejected me but who knows etc. so have you got just kings atm? Have UCL not replied yet? Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by dlh
Well done! Unlucky about Oxford, pricks! Yeah now I think so seeing as UCL rejected me but who knows etc. so have you got just kings atm? Have UCL not replied yet? Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have just got King's at the moment (I do really love King's though, so once I get over the prestige *******s, I'll be fine!) and UCL normally takes FOREVER to get back to Hispanic Law applicants -.- I have this horrible feeling that LSE's going to wait until 28th March to reject me....
xx
Reply 11
dlh
OP
Original post by DiyaM95
I have just got King's at the moment (I do really love King's though, so once I get over the prestige *******s, I'll be fine!) and UCL normally takes FOREVER to get back to Hispanic Law applicants -.- I have this horrible feeling that LSE's going to wait until 28th March to reject me....
xx

I've been saying no news is good news but I don't know anymore the waiting is driving me insane! fingers crossed you don't get rejected from LSE I'm sure if you've got Kings you'll be a good enough candidate for UCL or LSE! xxx
Reply 12
Original post by dlh
I've been saying no news is good news but I don't know anymore the waiting is driving me insane! fingers crossed you don't get rejected from LSE I'm sure if you've got Kings you'll be a good enough candidate for UCL or LSE! xxx

Have King's been sending you those emails that get you all excited only for you to find out they basically say "sorry to keep you waiting"? LSE did one of those before Christmas! And thank you! It's just that in my personal statement I dedicated a whole paragraph to why I wanted to do Hispanic Law, and LSE don't offer it as a course, so I'm wondering whether they'll just bin my application after they see that :frown: xxx
Reply 13
I'm still waiting to hear from kcl,nott and warwick. Just wondering, when I log into track it says beside those three that it was last updated on the 11th of december, is that unusual or will it simply update when the universities respond?
Reply 14
When are LNAT results out? I so want to lol at how badly I did! this won't help your apprehension, but KCL has like 15 applicants per place for Law :s-smilie:
Reply 15
dlh
OP
Original post by Keify
When are LNAT results out? I so want to lol at how badly I did! this won't help your apprehension, but KCL has like 15 applicants per place for Law :s-smilie:

How do you know you did badly?! Early feb, last year it was around the 2nd I think not sure though. Ha I know tell me about it. X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
dlh
OP
Original post by hhhhh5
I'm still waiting to hear from kcl,nott and warwick. Just wondering, when I log into track it says beside those three that it was last updated on the 11th of december, is that unusual or will it simply update when the universities respond?

Was that the day that you applied? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Original post by dlh
Was that the day that you applied? X

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not really sure but I think it was is there a way to update it?
Reply 18
dlh
OP
Original post by hhhhh5
I'm not really sure but I think it was is there a way to update it?

They will update it when they have made a decision

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
I got a 26 in my LNAT and Im still waiting for KCL, UCL and Nottingham to reply. What are the odds that Ill get an offer? :confused:

Quick Reply

Latest