The Student Room Group
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website

PGCE Primary Interview

Hey :smile: So today I found out I've got my PGCE Primary interview at CCCU on Wednesday 6th February! Just wondered if there is anyone else that has got one, or if there is anyone that could offer any advice to me :smile: Thank you!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Josieee
Hey :smile: So today I found out I've got my PGCE Primary interview at CCCU on Wednesday 6th February! Just wondered if there is anyone else that has got one, or if there is anyone that could offer any advice to me :smile: Thank you!

Hiya ! I've got my PGCE Secondary English interview on the 27th of feb ! Good luck with yours next week, I read the advice from last years thread and it pretty much said most of them were more like chats than super formal interviews... Hopefully the same applies for us :smile:

Anyone else had a PGCE interview yet or got any advice for us ? Would be much appreciated !
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Viikatron
Hiya ! I've got my PGCE Secondary English interview on the 27th of feb ! Good luck with yours next week, I read the advice from last years thread and it pretty much said most of them were more like chats than super formal interviews... Hopefully the same applies for us :smile:

Anyone else had a PGCE interview yet or got any advice for us ? Would be much appreciated !

Thank you - good luck with yours too :smile: Really be good to have some advice from people who've been interviewed this year! Really hope it goes okay.
Reply 3
Hey I've got a conditional offer for PGCE Primary (3-7) starting in September! :smile: So excited :biggrin:
Reply 4
Just a few questions as I'm looking at applying for this PGCE in September. What was the interview like and how much experience did you have previously? I've got a fair bit but from when I was doing my GCSE's, I'm now in my 2nd year of a degree. Would you recommend getting some more recent experience?
Reply 5
Original post by bjr16
Just a few questions as I'm looking at applying for this PGCE in September. What was the interview like and how much experience did you have previously? I've got a fair bit but from when I was doing my GCSE's, I'm now in my 2nd year of a degree. Would you recommend getting some more recent experience?

More recent volunteering experience in a school would definitely be beneficial to you. Especially if you haven't had any since GCSE's. Good luck :smile:
Hey guys, congrats on getting an offer. I have an interview on the 20th March for upper primary. Just wondering what the numeracy and literacy tasks are like? Thanks :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by JibbaJabba13
Hey guys, congrats on getting an offer. I have an interview on the 20th March for upper primary. Just wondering what the numeracy and literacy tasks are like? Thanks :smile:

They really aren't anything to stress about. Maths was just primary maths.. so pretty easy. English was just a question about a passage (but I think they change that). You'll be fine- they use them to see what areas you need improvement in. :smile:
Original post by Josieee
They really aren't anything to stress about. Maths was just primary maths.. so pretty easy. English was just a question about a passage (but I think they change that). You'll be fine- they use them to see what areas you need improvement in. :smile:

Thanks Josieee, :smile: I thought that, just wanted to double check. I'm more worried about the presentation I have to do. Did you do a presentation as well?
Reply 9
Thanks Josieee, :smile: I thought that, just wanted to double check. I'm more worried about the presentation I have to do. Did you do a presentation as well?

Yes, is it the artefact one? If it is- make sure you do try and ask the other interviewees questions when they present because it looks good, asking about cross-curricular/age range, basic questions. Don't panic at all and if you can- try to go first. It is a big relief when it is done and you can concentrate on asking the others questions. :smile: I took in a cue card with some bullet points which they didn't seem to mind about!
Original post by Josieee
Yes, is it the artefact one? If it is- make sure you do try and ask the other interviewees questions when they present because it looks good, asking about cross-curricular/age range, basic questions. Don't panic at all and if you can- try to go first. It is a big relief when it is done and you can concentrate on asking the others questions. :smile: I took in a cue card with some bullet points which they didn't seem to mind about!

Thanks for your advice :smile: I've spoken to one of the teachers I'm working with and I think I've come up with a good idea. Gonna knuckle down and work on that.
Reply 11
Thanks for your advice :smile: I've spoken to one of the teachers I'm working with and I think I've come up with a good idea. Gonna knuckle down and work on that.

Good luck :smile:
Reply 12
Hello! How long did you wait to hear about your interviews? I sent my application on the 26th Feb & I'm a bit worried all the places would have gone!
Congrats on the acceptance btw!
Reply 13
Original post by MsVictoria
Hello! How long did you wait to hear about your interviews? I sent my application on the 26th Feb & I'm a bit worried all the places would have gone!

I had to wait over a month but then that was over Christmas so it may be a bit less than that! Fingers crossed for you and thank you :smile:

I sent my application on the 4th February and I got a response 2 weeks after.
Original post by Josieee
Hey I've got a conditional offer for PGCE Primary (3-7) starting in September! :smile: So excited :biggrin:

Congratulations on your place !! :smile:

Do you know any one else who has been offered a place yet ?

I had my interview for 11-18 English last week and I'm really nervous about how many spaces are left for the courses.. Eeek !!
Reply 16
I sent my application on the 4th February and I got a response 2 weeks after.

Did you get onto the course? Good to hear they are quite prompt. I just hate waiting so want to know either way.
Did you get onto the course? Good to hear they are quite prompt. I just hate waiting so want to know either way.

I haven't had my interview yet. It's in 2 weeks time, but I will let you know how it goes :smile:
Hope you hear back from them soon.
Has anyone here taken the skills test?
Reply 19
Original post by Viikatron
Congratulations on your place !! :smile:

Do you know any one else who has been offered a place yet ?

I had my interview for 11-18 English last week and I'm really nervous about how many spaces are left for the courses.. Eeek !!

Nope I don't know anyone unfortunately!! Haven't found anyone.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending