Has anyone here taken the skills test?

I have :smile:
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website
Original post by Josieee
I have :smile:

cool, how was it? Did you find it difficult?
Original post by JibbaJabba13
Has anyone here taken the skills test?

I took my skills tests recently. It was very straight forward, but I highly recommend the practice tests to get you used to the format and question styles!

http://www.education.gov.uk/schools/careers/traininganddevelopment/professional

Best of luck!!!
Reply 23
cool, how was it? Did you find it difficult?

Yeah definitely use the practice tests! Try and use bbc bitesize on bits you struggle with too. The numeracy was more difficult for me. You'll be okay if you do all the practice ones and pass them :smile:
It's been two weeks since my interview and I haven't heard back yet :frown:
How long does it normally take for them to reply?
Reply 25
It's been two weeks since my interview and I haven't heard back yet :frown:
How long does it normally take for them to reply?

For me it was dead on 2 weeks! So still wait and then if not give them a quick email to see :smile: x
Original post by Josieee
For me it was dead on 2 weeks! So still wait and then if not give them a quick email to see :smile: x

I got a response today, been given a conditional offer!!! :smile:
Reply 27
I got a response today, been given a conditional offer!!! :smile:

Yay congrats :biggrin:!!!!
Reply 28
Hi,

I did my pgce last year at christchurch. If you need any questions answered, I'll do my best. I have some books that I wanted to sell onto to next year's cohort and my house is available then too - it was great for getting to CCCU - just 10 min walk. Email me for more details on any of the above - I've been in Canterbury 6 years now so should be able to answer most qs.

Laura
Reply 29
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 30
Original post by Viikatron
Hiya ! I've got my PGCE Secondary English interview on the 27th of feb ! Good luck with yours next week, I read the advice from last years thread and it pretty much said most of them were more like chats than super formal interviews... Hopefully the same applies for us :smile:

Anyone else had a PGCE interview yet or got any advice for us ? Would be much appreciated !

Yes I too wanted to know about the PGCE interview
Reply 31
Get the TES newspaper, be up to date with current issues, particularly the changes to the national curriculum. You'll need to show how you work with others. Don't worry about it too much as you are pre-training - they won't be expecting you to know everything. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending