The Student Room Group

Chelsea F.C. vs Arsenal F.C.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
sagna obviously doesn't want to play for the club anymore. probably pissed walcott's earning more than him.
Get Sagna off man
Original post by Zürich
Sagna past it

agree 100% I'd try and get as much as possible for him this summer.
Reply 163
Original post by TheEssence
sagna has been diabolical this season.... i still want to keep him though, i think something is underlying in these performances, something deeper..

I think he's just doesn't care any more... remember at the beginning of the season he came out about the selling of Song, that he didn't understand it. Then he came out about how nobody had approached him about signing a new contract. I think he's just not happy with the club any more / feels let down.
Reply 164
Since he mentioned being 'disappointed' at the sale of RvP & Song, Sagna has been atrocious...
Reply 165
Arsenal should just refuse to take corners, everytime they do Chelsea get a good attack on
Just looked at a live table. After 22 games we're still not away from West Brom.
walcott - except the corners.. has been alright so far.. created a couple of chances etc.
Original post by Tommyjw
Arsenal should just refuse to take corners, everytime they do Chelsea get a good attack on

I think we're better with throw-ins.
Reply 169
Original post by HenryD
Speaking as a Tottenham fan I'd say yes you will, your infrastructure (stadium, training facilities) are too good for you not too and you must have huge amounts of money stashed away, coupled with low debt (like tottenham actually :P) it's pretty probable that at some point you'll be challenging for the title. But I don't think that'll happen until Wenger either steps down or starts to spend on established world class talent.

u make it sound so easy.. dont forget Liverpool spending 100m and breaking down as a club
Original post by Cringe
I felt I had to make the comment because I've never been in a top team thats stadium is so quiet.

Love that logic :wink:
Reply 171
Original post by cost
u make it sound so easy.. dont forget Liverpool spending 100m and breaking down as a club

True but they didn't spend it on established talent, Suarez was the only one who had really proved himself to any great degree and he was a great success. But no it's not easy you're right.

Original post by Mr Advice
That's the big question: will he step down or at least spend on proper players? I don't either happening soon. We'll rise again after the summer of 2014.

No me either which is why I think you may have to get used to the Europa league for a while. I think he'll step down but not for a few years, and I really do not see you firing him not matter what.
Reply 172
Ah, Torres. When we're 2-0 up at least I can chuckle at him. :creep:
Original post by mhsc
Ah, Torres. When we're 2-0 up at least I can chuckle at him. :creep:

Can't help but think Ba would have buried that!
Reply 174
Walcott :lol:
The only upside so far for Arsenal is that Torres has been atrocious.
Reply 176
Does walcott understand the offside rule?
Reply 177
Walcott and Giroud couldn't score in a brothel during happy hour. Only hope is Wilshere pulling it out of the bag for us.,
Damn, did arsenal even turn up in that half.

That's the worst I've seen arsenal play against a team in the premiership since the 8-2. If we had a better striker we'd be 4-0 up by half time.
a striker has to stay onside if he cant do that then he is no striker at all

Quick Reply

Latest