So if i tried incredibly hard

Computing ould be the better option?

what did you get in your GCSE ICT?

I got an A, but I revised more than I did for most subjects
Reply 22
i really think i would struggle with Computing
i don't really know why

i am a newb at coding but so is everyone else taking the class

i jsut don't want it to backfire and i get a D.
Reply 23
Original post by AntOwnsOkay
Hello

i am in Year 9, and we have to give in our GCSE choices on the 12th of Feb

I want to be a doctor when i am older so i am doing triple science, but what i have picked are@

1.History
2.German
3.Geography
4. ICT/Computing

I have a genuine dillemma here. Do i stick with the much easier ICT, or do i challenge myself with Computing.

If i do Computing, it is a huge risk and could backfire. I am new at Coding, although i have working knowledge of what happens inside the computer, i am still a newb.

they said that t=hey would teach the basics but it is still a great risk for me
:confused::confused::confused:
please could you help?

When I was making options in yr9 (2 yrs ago) there was no option for computing, so you're really lucky. We had to do ICT, it was compulsory. I'm taking computing for a-level and I don't really know anything about programming. I'm good with computers and stuff but I know no coding. I can make batch files and type in a few simple things and that's as far as I can go with coding. If I were you I would take computing, it's much better than ICT. It's more interesting and much more fun. I also want to study medicine at university and as far as I know universities probably appreciate computing more than ICT as it is quite maths based. By the way triple science is really good, especially chemistry.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 24
Original post by Gallifreyan95
I did OCR's GCSE ICT. Complete waste of time. I wouldn't recommend it.

This, a thousand times this.
Do what you feel comfortable doing, I'm just warning you, if you take ICT prepare for the most mind- numbingly boring time of your life, it really is a course that makes you feel like marching to Edexcel and pulling a trigger on the examiners. Personally I'd take computing without even thinking about it, but your choice. End of the day GCSEs count for jack ****.
Reply 26
Original post by Albino_muffin
Do what you feel comfortable doing, I'm just warning you, if you take ICT prepare for the most mind- numbingly boring time of your life, it really is a course that makes you feel like marching to Edexcel and pulling a trigger on the examiners. Personally I'd take computing without even thinking about it, but your choice. End of the day GCSEs count for jack ****.

GCSE's are important, universities look more at GCSE grades if you want to study things medicine, law, engineering etc. And without them you can't get into 6th form or college.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
I may just do Computing....

My faith in myself has been restored, thank you.
I may just do Computing....

My faith in myself has been restored, thank you.

Thank god for that :biggrin: I think the more year 9's discouraged from taking ICT the better.
Reply 29
Computing.
Reply 30
Wait,

just from Experience,

A-Level or GCSE,

is Computing hard? We are doing programming on Visual Basic and C
and writing scripts and stuff

so how difficult is it?
I'd go with computing. We had to do ICT GCSE course because its compulsory as we are a maths and imputing college however I found it the worst course ever. I did not learn anything through the coursework and the exam prep right now is not teaching me anything useful.

Definitely go with computing, challenge yourself!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32
Hello

i am in Year 9, and we have to give in our GCSE choices on the 12th of Feb

I want to be a doctor when i am older so i am doing triple science, but what i have picked are@

1.History
2.German
3.Geography
4. ICT/Computing

I have a genuine dillemma here. Do i stick with the much easier ICT, or do i challenge myself with Computing.

If i do Computing, it is a huge risk and could backfire. I am new at Coding, although i have working knowledge of what happens inside the computer, i am still a newb.

they said that t=hey would teach the basics but it is still a great risk for me
:confused::confused::confused:
please could you help?

Computing is more interesting. I'm not quite sure how having an in depth knowledge on Computation would help with being a doctor however..
Reply 33
Original post by Lami XX
Computing is more interesting. I'm not quite sure how having an in depth knowledge on Computation would help with being a doctor however..

Its not really about that...

theres no other options that are academic apart from French which i am average at

its just about doing it for the grades, not to help with Medicine.
Reply 34
Ict gcse, computing is really hard and at my school we have limited help so most people in my class are struggling

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35
What you have said contradicts everything posted on the thread
Reply 36

theres no other options that are academic apart from French which i am average at

Alrighty, well if you're doing it for the grade then I suggest ICT :yy:
Reply 37

Computing is quite maths based so universities will like it if you have a high grade in it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38
Original post by azg545
Computing is quite maths based so universities will like it if you have a high grade in it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

true

yeah i think i am going to go for Computing

ICT sounds like utter crap

thanks.
true

yeah i think i am going to go for Computing

ICT sounds like utter crap

thanks.

Although French would be MUCH better :tongue:

Latest