The Student Room Group

Can I get an A in alevel computer science without GCSE computer science

I didn’t have ICT or Computer science as an option at computer science however I got 3 8s in triple science and an 8 in maths. A lot of people in computer science and comp sci teachers seem to respond with pity when I tell them I haven’t done the gcse and it’s destroying my confidence I need to know now if it’s worth even staying in the course before it’s too late.
Original post by nvee
I didn’t have ICT or Computer science as an option at computer science however I got 3 8s in triple science and an 8 in maths. A lot of people in computer science and comp sci teachers seem to respond with pity when I tell them I haven’t done the gcse and it’s destroying my confidence I need to know now if it’s worth even staying in the course before it’s too late.

With 8s in Maths and the three sciences, you're clearly very bright. As a result, it won't take much to catch up with the GCSE-level Computer Science you've "missed". Stick with the course. :smile:
Reply 2
you just finished your GCSEs so you are in year 12, right? just keep ur head up bc if u love it then u can work hard and do well
(edited 7 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending