The Student Room Group

King Edward Camp Hill Girls Interview!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by musicmusic123
Oh hello!... this is like a really late reply but did you guys go to the induction thingy? If so, was it just me or did like everyone already know each other? O_____O

hi, have you got a place at camp hill??! if so Congratulations!!!!!:smile::smile:
i havent so didnt go to the induction day, but i expect people will know each other as not that many people leave the sixth form..
so did you like it?? how was it?
I did! Oh sorry!
I came out a bit downhearted because a lot of the external students already knew each other and people generally didn't want to mingle with people out side their friendship groups so it was scary as i'm super socially awkward
The place is nice and the grades are good it's just a matter of trying to fit in which seems like it's going to be really hard.
Did you get in at Five Ways? If so, did you like it? I'm considering applying there again on results day as there's the option to and if you're successful they interview on the 23rd so i'm considering it in the hope that it might be a bit nicer socially :s-smilie:
Reply 42
I did! Oh sorry!
I came out a bit downhearted because a lot of the external students already knew each other and people generally didn't want to mingle with people out side their friendship groups so it was scary as i'm super socially awkward
The place is nice and the grades are good it's just a matter of trying to fit in which seems like it's going to be really hard.
Did you get in at Five Ways? If so, did you like it? I'm considering applying there again on results day as there's the option to and if you're successful they interview on the 23rd so i'm considering it in the hope that it might be a bit nicer socially :s-smilie:

yeah i get what you mean...personally i didn't like camp hill that much because i just didn't like the atmosphere there...
it was just first impressions if u get what i mean??
but did you get a chance to talk to the other external pupils??
& yeah i did!!!!! I'm so happy!!!!!!!:smile:
it's a really good school...and yeah defo reapply, on the induction days everyone was so kind and friendly and approachable i'm sure that you will love it a lot, i did!!
so yeah im hoping that it will be easy to fit in, the only problem is distance..it is REALLY far but i guess it'll be worth it in the end!! :smile::smile:
but still thats a great achievement that u got into camp hill but apply to five ways too cuz if u get in you'll love it i'm sure!!!
Reply 43
I get exactly what you mean! I didn't bother to look around on the open day because I didn't think i'd have a chance because they apparently only accept 20-30 people (that's lies there was WELL over 60 by the looks of it) and for the induction I got a really bad impression because like yourself I really didn't like the atmosphere. I mean everyone, including externals seemed to already know each other and it just kind of felt like that if you don't know anyone then it's not anyone's problem- no one will make the effort to talk to you :s-smilie:
Yes! The majority seemed quite arrogant (Oh i'm predicted ___A*s) which kind of knocked my confidence a bit and most already had their own friendship groups so I spent the whole day watching the clock and hoping to leave. I mean it's not like I didn't bother to try and talk to people but often it was a blunt one word response.
Oh well done! I didn't even get an interview there so woah, GENIUS! Are you predicted like loads and loads of A*s by any chance? :biggrin:
Aw yay! It sounds better than Camp Hill to be honest. I mean it's all well and good going somewhere with great results, but if you don't like the place or you don't end up making any friends (that might be the case with me because socializing is just a no O_O) then i'll just end up edgy and I won't perform my best anyway so :s-smilie:
It'll definitely be worth it! And i'm definitely definitely going to apply; I loved it when I looked around, just a shame that my predictions aren't too good though because it's interviewing that i'm good at- hopefully when I have my results though I might be lucky enough for an interview :tongue:

I didn't even go to the open day but on the interview i just didn't like it :frown:
PLus its a girls school so it will take even more effort to adjust as i go to a mixed school now...
& really??! i was really not expecting to even get an interview because of their 30 external acceptances that they were on about..in five ways there was about 40-50ish people .(actually i dont know but maybe it was that much...but what i do remember is that they majority of externals were girls)

yeah thats a horrible feeling to know that everyone already knows each other...but if thats still the case in september then you just make the effort to talk to as many people as possible, cuz like u said, then u will be able to perform at your best if u are comfortable with the environment..:smile:

Thanks!!!:smile: umm yeah im hoping to get all A*'s and A's but yeah i need at least 7-8 A*'s cuz i wanna do medicine (hopefully i'll get it:redface:)
wbu?? what are ur predictions??

and yeah apply for definite!! i am normally really really nervous about things but in the interview i dont know what happened i just was really confident for some reason, so hopefully it is the place for me!!

btw do u live near 5ways?
Reply 44
(edited 10 years ago)
Hey! I got offers from both camp hill and now fiveways too as I reapplied on results day, but I'm really confused which one I should go to? Any advice would be very helpful..... (btw I didn't go to the camp hll induction day because I was on holiday so really don't know much about it)
Hi, how was the interview and have you found out whether they accepted you at Camp Hill??
Original post by Inquisitor123
Hi, it wasn't all that, I think King Edward schools are overrated to be honest, I haven't got anything from Camp Hill, but I've received a conditional from Five Ways. I'm not sure if I'll go, seeing as Five Ways are also King Edwards...I just don't think they deserve all that bowing down tbf. What about you? Did you hear anything?

yeah, i got accepted into the sixth form, the interview for Camp Hill was not so bad... but thing is i want to go there
Original post by AfiyahNadeem
yeah, i got accepted into the sixth form, the interview for Camp Hill was not so bad... but thing is i want to go there

Are in you at Camp Hill now?

I live literally 5 minutes away from the school and my younger sister goes there; it's a brilliant school and you get lots of competition but that you'd expect - it's one of the best grammar schools :smile:
Original post by Lovinlife2
Are in you at Camp Hill now?

I live literally 5 minutes away from the school and my younger sister goes there; it's a brilliant school and you get lots of competition but that you'd expect - it's one of the best grammar schools :smile:

nope but i would like to this September and yeah i know it is tough, but hopefully that will motivate me to study more for my GCSE's :smile:
nope but i would like to this September and yeah i know it is tough, but hopefully that will motivate me to study more for my GCSE's :smile:

Aha I see; indeed it is tough haha. My sister goes there (she got in this year through the 11+) and there's a bit of competition!! Oh yeah, work you heart out to get those grades for GCSE's :smile: What are you taking?

And very very best of luck!
Aha I see; indeed it is tough haha. My sister goes there (she got in this year through the 11+) and there's a bit of competition!! Oh yeah, work you heart out to get those grades for GCSE's :smile: What are you taking?

And very very best of luck!

Thanks :smile: I'm hoping to take Biology, Chemistry, Maths and History
Thanks :smile: I'm hoping to take Biology, Chemistry, Maths and History

You're welcome :smile: Oh wow, hard core subjects! History is quite a bit of work from what I hear because of coursework and the amount of writing you do but the work for Sciences (Especially) and Maths is quite a lot; you've got to keep on top of the work and revise as you go long, that way, it'll stay in your memory for a long time :smile: I take only take 1 science: Biology and that's a lot of work in itself
You're welcome :smile: Oh wow, hard core subjects! History is quite a bit of work from what I hear because of coursework and the amount of writing you do but the work for Sciences (Especially) and Maths is quite a lot; you've got to keep on top of the work and revise as you go long, that way, it'll stay in your memory for a long time :smile: I take only take 1 science: Biology and that's a lot of work in itself

yes i know but i feel kinda prepared for whats to come, as for history its my favorite subject because the content's pretty interesting, maths even though i don find it easy, i like facing new challenges and stuff :biggrin:

so where do you go and what subjects do you take??
yes i know but i feel kinda prepared for whats to come, as for history its my favorite subject because the content's pretty interesting, maths even though i don find it easy, i like facing new challenges and stuff :biggrin:

so where do you go and what subjects do you take??

Ah good for you though! Haha nice; that's a nice attitude to have! :tongue:

I go to Edgbaston High School For Girls, a private school like yours and I take Biology, Psychology and ICT as an AS :smile:
Reply 55
Original post by sweet_gyal97
Hi....
so I got an interview for king edward camp hill girls on 5th March and I just wanted to know if anyone else goes there who has applied externally as I would like to have some tips on the interview...what do they ask? Are there any tests? Do they ask questions from the GCSE course?

thank you any advice would be greatly appreciated!
btw has anyone else got an interview ??

Hey I know this quite a while ago but I need some help haha. Right so I applied to Camp Hill boys on Friday (9th January) and they sent me an E-mail on Monday(12th Jan) saying they got the application and are processing it.
My predicted grades: 9A*s 2A's
Mock Results: 7A*s 2A's (didn't do all papers at my school)

They said it was going to take some time but do you know how long it will take? I'm really impatient and scared that they just won't reply at all... I hope I'm good enough, I really want to go there
Original post by sweet_gyal97
Hi....
so I got an interview for king edward camp hill girls on 5th March and I just wanted to know if anyone else goes there who has applied externally as I would like to have some tips on the interview...what do they ask? Are there any tests? Do they ask questions from the GCSE course?

thank you any advice would be greatly appreciated!
btw has anyone else got an interview ??

if you don't mind me asking what were your predicted grades?
Original post by username1108615
Hey! I got offers from both camp hill and now fiveways too as I reapplied on results day, but I'm really confused which one I should go to? Any advice would be very helpful..... (btw I didn't go to the camp hll induction day because I was on holiday so really don't know much about it)

hello :smile: well done.
If you don't mind me asing what were you gcses like?
did u have an offer and interview before from both school?
thanks x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending