The Student Room Group

Unsuccessful - no decision received

So today I attended an interview at Leeds Uni for PGCE Chemistry. Upon finishing the interview session and handing in the required work I was told that "they'd already made a decision" and that I would be receiving a "positive response" and they'd "see me in September", basically in no uncertain terms I was told I'd be receiving an offer.

After excitedly telling friends and family the good news I then went about my day. 30 minutes ago I received an email from the GTTR notifying me of a change to my track status and was dismayed to find my application to Leeds listed as 'Unsuccessful - no decision received'. I have obviously emailed the appropriate people at Leeds in panic, but was just wondering if anyone else knew what this meant?

I am aware that the GTTR will automatically reject your application if a response is not sent by the University after a set amount of time, although considering my interview was today I doubt that is the case. Otherwise, if I have been rejected outright, this is incredibly bad form on Leeds behalf.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Hi,

Sorry to hear this - how long did GTTR have your application for? Did Leeds change the status on GTTR to say that they'd offered you an interview or was it just sat as pending? There's a limit of 60 days (I believe, although I may have got the number wrong as it's been awhile since I did GTTR myself) and if the uni waits for longer than 60 days to update any form of response then GTTR will automatically put it as unsuccessful which seems to be what has happened if GTTR is saying that there hasn't been a response. This happens every year to a number of people on TSR as not all universities update GTTR to say interview.

In this case I would check the dates on your GTTR application (and double check the time periods) to see whether you've ended up being rejected because Leeds failed to update the GTTR about your application. Then contact Leeds and see what they say - say that you seem to have been rejected by GTTR because a decision hadn't been received and you're confused because you only had the interview today etc.

Good luck :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Spookus
So today I attended an interview at Leeds Uni for PGCE Chemistry. Upon finishing the interview session and handing in the required work I was told that "they'd already made a decision" and that I would be receiving a "positive response" and they'd "see me in September", basically in no uncertain terms I was told I'd be receiving an offer.

After excitedly telling friends and family the good news I then went about my day. 30 minutes ago I received an email from the GTTR notifying me of a change to my track status and was dismayed to find my application to Leeds listed as 'Unsuccessful - no decision received'. I have obviously emailed the appropriate people at Leeds in panic, but was just wondering if anyone else knew what this meant?

I am aware that the GTTR will automatically reject your application if a response is not sent by the University after a set amount of time, although considering my interview was today I doubt that is the case. Otherwise, if I have been rejected outright, this is incredibly bad form on Leeds behalf.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Did you manage to get this sorted? I have got the same thing "Unsuccessful - no decision received" and am very confused!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending