The Student Room Group

Southampton BM6 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by petraarifin
Hey, so I called them up for the change of date but they said they don't have any available slot for me until like April. They said that they will let me know in April when I will be coming and that it can be just few days notice. What was said to you when you called them? have you got a date and time or you was said the same?

They said that they've put me on a waiting list for an earlier date, but if they can't get me an earlier one I'll be given one in April. They haven't got back to me yet.
Hey guys i wanted to ask you if anyone had extenuating circumstances and if hey let Southampton know about It etc and what is there policy on extenuating circumstances as I cant find any information thanks:smile:
Original post by June-2013
Hey guys i wanted to ask you if anyone had extenuating circumstances and if hey let Southampton know about It etc and what is there policy on extenuating circumstances as I cant find any information thanks:smile:

Hey there :smile:

I also have extenuating circumstances, however,I emailed southampton quite a while back about this, and they told me to talk about these in the teachers reference. Thats what I told my teacher to do. :smile:

Depends on what it is for, past or present etc. Historically they haven't been very lenient to those who miss their offer :no:
Original post by iProcrastinate.
They said that they've put me on a waiting list for an earlier date, but if they can't get me an earlier one I'll be given one in April. They haven't got back to me yet.

Hey, check your Bradford portal, I've got alternative date already on 9th April at 4.30pm. It was really fast because they said they will let me know in April about the April date so I am very happy to know it so fast. Let me know if you got anything
Anyone received an invitation for an interview yet guys... Is getting late and as every day passing I'm getting more worried
Original post by Dylan Lorenco
Anyone received an invitation for an interview yet guys... Is getting late and as every day passing I'm getting more worried

Nope everyday am checking my emails the post and then my emails again :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

No need to worry as no one has heard yet at all! Time is passing by soo quickly so it's best to revise just to make you sure secure the grades needed :smile:
Original post by wanttobeadotcor
Nope everyday am checking my emails the post and then my emails again :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

It is not getting late whatsoever. Interview offers go out TWO WEEKS before the date. The interview date is the 19TH OF MARCH meaning you won't hear until two weeks before then, so around the 5th of March which is two weeks away. If you had heard already it would be more likely to be a rejection.

I repeat. You will probably not hear for another 2 weeks.

Stop putting yourselves under this pressure.

Original post by Lethargic
No need to worry as no one has heard yet at all! Time is passing by soo quickly so it's best to revise just to make you sure secure the grades needed :smile:

^^ THIS ^^ is perfect advice. What's the point in checking your emails fifty times a day if you're not getting on with work and therefore even if you get an offer, might miss your grades?

Med school is a long (LONG) process. You need patience. You need to be able to cope with not knowing. We just had the hardest exams of the year and are all waiting to find out if we passed or not. But lectures continue and we all have to just keep going under the weight of the not knowing. A lot of people have succumbed to the worry and are now not able to do any studying which means whether or not they passed semester 3, they're now looking at a month of catch up work for this semester.

This is no different. You're going to be doctors. Start practising the patience and maturity you'll need then, now.
Hey, check your Bradford portal, I've got alternative date already on 9th April at 4.30pm. It was really fast because they said they will let me know in April about the April date so I am very happy to know it so fast. Let me know if you got anything

I got offered one for 2nd April at 3:30pm. Quite surprised they offered us an alternative one so quickly.
Original post by Acylation23
Hey there :smile:

I also have extenuating circumstances, however,I emailed southampton quite a while back about this, and they told me to talk about these in the teachers reference. Thats what I told my teacher to do. :smile:

hey there I told my teacher to do this do but I found out they haven't and I really want to let unis know but I don't know how to
hey there I told my teacher to do this do but I found out they haven't and I really want to let unis know but I don't know how to

Just give them a call and see what they suggests. They will let you know what to do or whether or not you need to give more info :yes:
by the way guys after sending the eligibility criteria forms back did anyone get a reply to confirm that Southampton had got the forms???
Original post by BethaneyJ
Just give them a call and see what they suggests. They will let you know what to do or whether or not you need to give more info :yes:
shall I not just email them?
shall I not just email them?

They get hundreds of emails a day regarding this and that so can take a while to reply. I would have thought this was something that a) you want to get sorted quickly and b) something they might need for interview consideration which is happening soon, in which case a phone call would be answered quicker. :wink:

They might ask you to email anyway, but I would definitely start with a call.

Hey i just checked my portal also got one at 4.30 on 9th of april haha :smile:
if Southampton does not look at our as grades how do they select people is it just gcse's grades and predictions, does anyone know the selection process in depth???????
if Southampton does not look at our as grades how do they select people is it just gcse's grades and predictions, does anyone know the selection process in depth???????

As long as you meet the minimum requirement for predictions and GCSEs they do not look at them any further. From what I know they score personal statements out of 15.
5 for initiative
5 for commitment to medicine
5 for being literate and articulate

They then invite the highest scorers to be interviewed. The interview is marked out of 15 as well. The two scores are added together and those with the highest are given offers until they've given all offers out.

This is based on previous years, Bethaney will be able to tell you if this is still the case or if anything has changed :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
i just got a fee form to fill from soton!
i hope thats some sort of good sign..anyone else got it?
they said must return within 5 days..
Original post by ilovechem
i just got a fee form to fill from soton!
i hope thats some sort of good sign..anyone else got it?
they said must return within 5 days..

Same here, hopefully I'll be able to scan everything in and email it to them by Monday.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending