The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LewisIsAmazen
More men who man handle girls who in eyes are "kids"? They are acting like idiotic, very drunk young people, I don't see how anything they've done is slutty. This guy is an complete moron and has no right to get involved, if the staff have a problem with the girls they can ask them to leave, if they refuse then call the police, it's nothing to do with him

Posted from TSR Mobile

If I'm sat there, enjoying my meal with my kids, then some little girls came along screaming, shouting, showing some bad attitudes in front of my kids. I wouldn't just get involved, I'd make sure those girls would regret behaving in such ways again.

What you achieving with looking away and keeping your eyes on your food? Isn't that the coward way, when you just sit and don't get involved unless you or your family is involved.

You need to step up in life, grow some balls. :angel: Do what is RIGHT, rather than what the law says to do or not. Is not the government that makes what your country is, is what the people of your country do. Every little act counts.
(edited 11 years ago)
If you guys seriously think that you should sit down and mind your own business, then God have mercy on us all.
Original post by ssxx
I agree, most men are scared to stand up to women.

Ahem, most women are also scared to stand up to such women as those on that video.

&& Well Said. :biggrin:
Original post by Damask-
How is that 'slutty?' I agree that they were out of control and should have been thrown out and it's completely unacceptable to act like that in public places, but it has nothing to do with the idea that a woman's self worth should be based solely on the amount of sex she has, or in this case how she dresses. (Which is also, like, really gross and misogynistic. :rolleyes:)

If the genders had been reversed, it wouldn't have been a girl saying to a load of drunken guys "Stop acting like players," it would have been "Stop acting like idiots."

She was dressed really revealingly whilst leaning over the counter asking the staff 'do you like boobies?' How is that not slutty? Women should dress modestly and act decently..and this is coming from a woman.
Original post by Kenocide
Oh my word - so when you said the guy was acting in self defence earlier you literally meant defending himself from the crime of being drunk and disorderly?

Haha, how can you think there is a defence of using reasonable force in self defence against a mere crime of drunk and disorderly? It doesn't even follow; that because someone is acting like a drunken moron I have the right to defend myself without there being any kind of threat or violence to defend against?! That's a ridiculous argument both from a logical and legal point of view.

Moreover, since you clearly thought youself so smart by directing me to the CJA, would you care to point out where in the statutory provisions of that offence I might find this right to self defence by use of force? LOL.

If its enough to get people thrown out of a club or any other public space by removal, its enough to get someone thrown out of a McDonalds.
Original post by PureDevotion
OMD :mad2:

Spoiler

It seems I am an artist who is not appreciated in my own time.

Spoiler

Original post by PureDevotion
If you guys seriously think that you should sit down and mind your own business, then God have mercy on us all.

He should have let the people who are meant to deal with it do their job and not assaulted a group of "kids"

Posted from TSR Mobile
I find it shocking that there are some women on here who actually think they were acting like sluts, and that the guy being a **** towards them was OK
Reply 128
These are the same type of women who demand respect lolol
Reply 129
Original post by Kage
Her fault for being so drunk that she can't stand on her own two feet.

She wasn't causing enough harm to call the police, as they wouldn't do a thing!

I don't agree with his actions, and wouldn't do the same myself, but she could have fallen head first at that point, and him dragging her off saved her :tongue: Or could have done. Another 10 seconds, and who knows.

Perhaps, he could see her going too. You can't really see from the camera.

If I see someone on a railing or something, leaning over it with her legs up in the air, I won't try and pull her down. Thats just stupid.

Her fault for being so drunk that she can't stand on her own two feet.
What's her fault?

She wasn't causing enough harm to call the police, as they wouldn't do a thing!

They could, and have, remove drunken people who are acting disorderly.
So sorry, but you're wrong.

I don't agree with his actions, and wouldn't do the same myself, but she could have fallen head first at that point, and him dragging her off saved her :tongue: Or could have done. Another 10 seconds, and who knows.

Just being ridiculous here. As I pointed out, he could have just as likely killed her as saved her. Either way, he obviously did not pull her to "save" her, and continued contact with her and the other girls several more times. There was no need.
Reply 130
Original post by danny111
Life's much better chilled, isn't it.

And I actually agree with you, my point was just that many people already disliked tattle tales as kids and I think it isn't surprising this carried over to adult life. Plus, calling the police over something like this seems petty.

And my point is, if you are going to start a physical altercation with someone because you are upset at their behaviour, then that is not only petty, but downright stupid.

Again, this is a situation that could easily have escalated, especially when dealing with drunk people, and the guy would have been the one in the most trouble, because he was the one who started the altercation.

If it's "too petty" to call the police over, then surely leave it alone
Reply 131
Original post by jumpingjesusholycow
If its enough to get people thrown out of a club or any other public space by removal, its enough to get someone thrown out of a McDonalds.

May I just point out that a club is not a "public space".

If this was the manager or a worker, then it would be a different story. However, it seemed just to be another randomer.
Reply 132
Original post by ESPORTIVA

What a surprise the sexist slut shamers of tsr like it when a man unnecessarily manhandles two young women and calls them a slut.

Because it takes a real tough to shout at two young drunk girls who are harming no one and having a bit a fun.

Because it takes a true independent thinker to uphold the outmoded and tired stud/slut double standard. :rolleyes:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 133
Original post by dgeorge
What's her fault?

For getting so drunk in the first place, and acting that way whilst drunk.

No one I know would act like that, and hasn't gotten that drunk either.
Reply 134
Original post by dgeorge
And my point is, if you are going to start a physical altercation with someone because you are upset at their behaviour, then that is not only petty, but downright stupid.

Again, this is a situation that could easily have escalated, especially when dealing with drunk people, and the guy would have been the one in the most trouble, because he was the one who started the altercation.

If it's "too petty" to call the police over, then surely leave it alone

I'm not sure. She is not allowed to jump over the counter if anything for hygiene reasons. He had every right to get her off there. Neither did he hit the girls nor did he continue to touch them after they were off the counter. Next thing you are telling me you aren't allowed to pull someone of a bridge who looks like he might jump, because that would be assault.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 135
Original post by BooHooRah
What a surprise the sexist slut shamers of tsr like it when a man unnecessarily manhandles two young women and calls them a slut.

Because it takes a real tough to shout at two young drunk girls who are harming no one and having a bit a fun.

Because it takes a true independent thinker to uphold the outmoded and tired stud/slut double standard. :rolleyes:

Public disorder. I despise people like that. Plenty of people manage to have fun when drunk and don't act like this. Not to mention people managing to have without being drunk.
Public disorder. I despise people like that. Plenty of people manage to have fun when drunk and don't act like this. Not to mention people managing to have without being drunk.

they weren't harming anyone. unlike the big tough guy who was touching them
Reply 137
Original post by Kage
For getting so drunk in the first place, and acting that way whilst drunk.

No one I know would act like that, and hasn't gotten that drunk either.

Of course it's her fault. Was just trying to figure out how this was connected to the guy deciding to take matters into his own hands
Reply 138
I'm not sure. She is not allowed to jump over the counter if anything for hygiene reasons. He had every right to get her off there. Neither did he hit the girls nor did he continue to touch them after they were off the counter. Next thing you are telling me you aren't allowed to pull someone of a bridge who looks like he might jump, because that would be assault.

He had every right to get her off there.

No he did not. He had no rights to do anything to her. It's not his property, and he's not a police officer. A random person does not have the RIGHT to physically pull anyone anywhere, providing that they aren't being threatened in some way.

[quoteNext thing you are telling me you aren't allowed to pull someone of a bridge who looks like he might jump, because that would be assault.

1. She was not in a life threatening position, so we're comparing apples and oranges here.
2. I am pretty sure that this case could be made.
I lament the way females act in today's society. They have no self-respect any more.

Latest

Trending

Trending