The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Not studying Spanish.
Not revising properly during my GCSEs. I know i could have done a lot better. Although i suppose it has motivated me to try harder in college :redface:
Reply 62
That I never stood up to my bullies. I didn't really grow balls until I was 23. But then I guess life would have panned out very differently had I not done what I did.
Reply 63
I had no confidence as I was bullied all the way through secondary school. It had a big impact on me, I had a few friends but found it hard to talk to the people that were classed as popular, and they kind of looked down on me. My teachers also entered me in to foundation for sciences, I wish I'd asked for higher and worked my ass off. I regret taking art because that was just bull****.
Reply 64
Wish I'd tried harder in French at GCSE and taken it at A-level.
Original post by dragonkeeper999
I can kind of understand boarding schools if you live in an area with really bad local schools perhaps. My aunt was sent to boarding school when she didn't meet the grades required to stay on for A levels in Hong Kong (where there was only one english speaking school there at the time), so I can understand those kind of situations. However, so many kids get sent to boarding school just because their parents can afford it and think that it would be a good experience for the child (which may be it is, I wouldn't know). However, I find the idea of boarding at primary/ secondary school quite frightening!
That's true, I made lots of new friends (and have still kept in touch with my old ones) from going to a different secondary school. We all met up again at college though!
I'm going to read Natural Sciences :smile:

There's definitely a point for situations like that, and for incredibly remote/rural areas too. I guess it depends on the kid as to whether it's any good or not

That sounds really interesting, is there any science that you particularly like?
Original post by TheFlowersInMay
There's definitely a point for situations like that, and for incredibly remote/rural areas too. I guess it depends on the kid as to whether it's any good or not

That sounds really interesting, is there any science that you particularly like?

Hmmm... I guess some kids would cope better than others, I certainly don't think I would like boarding school at that age though! And yes, in some situations it isn't really avoidable.

PHYSICS!!! And Chemistry's quite fun, and biology's not too bad, and I think I'll take a module in my first year on Materials Science 'cause that sounds interesting :biggrin: Basically I'm a bit of a science freak :smile:
Original post by dragonkeeper999
Hmmm... I guess some kids would cope better than others, I certainly don't think I would like boarding school at that age though! And yes, in some situations it isn't really avoidable.

PHYSICS!!! And Chemistry's quite fun, and biology's not too bad, and I think I'll take a module in my first year on Materials Science 'cause that sounds interesting :biggrin: Basically I'm a bit of a science freak :smile:

Not such a big fan of Biology or Physics. I prefer Chemistry and Maths.:smile: Hope that you enjoy your course.

Anyway, I'm going to shut up now 'cause this is getting a bit off topic.
Reply 68
That I didn't tell the headmaster to his face what a worthless pile of **** school he was running.
Not moving from my seconadry school to another school when I was miserable.
Not taking it as serious as I should of done.
Attending underachieving comprehensive school instead of grammar school.
Reply 72
Could have paid more attention in getting better grades. It's just impossible when 98% of the class are lazy idiots...
Not punching the bitch who bullied me for 4 years.
Reply 74
Taking it really slow and easy on my 11+ which lead me to a school that was really bad.
Reply 75
What didn't you like about college, and which one did you go to?
Taking all sciences for highers when my real talents were in humanities and I don't even use science with my degree now. I could have possibly gotten 5 As :moon: Stupid maths.
Turning up full stop.

If you are 12 and reading this, get in to soft drugs, play some records and form your own view of the world.
Reply 78
Not taking a modern-foreign Language!

Not taking History at a/s

Developing SVT and POTS into my A/S year, totally wrecking me.
My subject choices for A Level apart from psychology.
Drama was pointless, especially since I didn't do it for GCSE
Human Biology. I did get an A in GCSE science, but I struggled for that, and an A in GCSE isn't much, really.
English Language, I didn't even read about what was involved. It was so boring.

And not starting Violin until Year 9. So much lost time. D:

AND NOT GETTING INTO A REVISION ROUTINE. I know that if I revised more I could have done so much better in AS.

That's a lot of regrets. :/

Latest