The Student Room Group

The best piece of advice I can give to Year 12's as a Year 13 (READ THIS ASAP)

A few weeks ago my physics teacher told my class that everyone in the entire year group is ranked on overall performance. I don't know whether UCAS requires this but you are most likely going to be ranked in some sort of leader board so please don't waste your frees and revise; this is my biggest regret when I started out Year 12.
Reply 1
Original post by ThatKid777
A few weeks ago my physics teacher told my class that everyone in the entire year group is ranked on overall performance. I don't know whether UCAS requires this but you are most likely going to be ranked in some sort of leader board so please don't waste your frees and revise; this is my biggest regret when I started out Year 12.

what other things count as performance?
probs j ur school icl
Reply 3
Original post by ImaoKat
what other things count as performance?

She referred to the end of year exams. You don't want to be in my position where you fail your end of years and have to retake it once you're in Year 13 for your UCAS predicted grade. It puts a lot of pressure on you to get the work done throughout summer.
I’m not even sure what this advice is.
Original post by Admit-One
I’m not even sure what this advice is.

ig they're j tryna tell ppl to use frees wisely but it was said in a strange way
Original post by jennaa21
ig they're j tryna tell ppl to use frees wisely but it was said in a strange way

I'm not sure "don't revise and try and demonstrate your capability to your teacher" is the best advice tbh.
I'm not sure "don't revise and try and demonstrate your capability to your teacher" is the best advice tbh.

i think they meant dont waste your frees and use them to revise
Original post by jennaa21
i think they meant dont waste your frees and use them to revise

In that case, yes, their wording is really bad. "don't waste your frees and revise" is very different to "don't waste your frees, revise!".
Reply 9

I think you got the wrong end of the stick. I meant to allude that you must become the best in your class and even in your year group because you will get ranked in your UCAS reference so to do so you must not waste your free periods and revise.
Original post by ThatKid777
I think you got the wrong end of the stick. I meant to allude that you must become the best in your class and even in your year group because you will get ranked in your UCAS reference so to do so you must not waste your free periods and revise.

See post #9.
In that case, yes, their wording is really bad. "don't waste your frees and revise" is very different to "don't waste your frees, revise!".

100%

Quick Reply

Latest