The Student Room Group

Alternatives to sales/recruitment roles?

I'm looking for a graduate/entry level job at the moment but the only options I can find are sales or recruitment roles, and I have no interest in doing these, and I would not be good at this type of work. I have applied to several recently as there seem to be no other options, but they are picking up that I'm not really interested in the role in phone interviews. Are there any alternatives to sales? If so, where would I find these, I've looked on many sites but can't really find much, there's the odd admin role, but most require lots of experience.

I am currently in some job selection processes for roles that I am more interested in, but these all seem to be long processes with high attrition rates, and even if successful the earliest start would probably be towards the end of the summer now. I have a part time job, but the hours are very variable, so I was looking for some full time work on more of a temporary basis.

If these don't work out im planning on doing a masters in computer science this year, so would it even be worth getting a full time job? as I would be leaving quite soon. I don't really want to waste the year though by not doing anything. In one phone interview the interviewer was quite hostile about why I hadn't got a full time job yet, as I graduated in September, I replied by saying I had been applying to other things, and had been working on impriving some of my extra curricular activities. Would not having a full time job make it harder to get work later on?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending