The Student Room Group

ESRC DTC scholarship holders

Hi there,

I am a current masters degree student, and I applied for a few scholarships through my institution to hopefully continue onto PhD study later this year.

I found out in early March that i was nominated for the ESRC DTC scholarship that I applied for by my institution after a selection process, and I understand that it has to go through another committee with the ESRC before I get a final decision :s-smilie:

I will be very honest, the waiting is very tense as like many potential PhD students, I cannot proceed to this level of study without the funding! For ayone who has previously had an ESRC DTC scholarship, do you remember when you got the final decision?

Many thanks
Hey,

If this is the panel which decides final nominations within the DTC (which is generally made up of a few different institutions) then there should be a date on the relevant ESRC DTC website of 'when applicants should be notified by' - in my experience this date is pretty accurate. Also, your department may well have a good idea of when you are likely to hear.

Hope this helps - and good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by phdapplicant
Hey,

If this is the panel which decides final nominations within the DTC (which is generally made up of a few different institutions) then there should be a date on the relevant ESRC DTC website of 'when applicants should be notified by' - in my experience this date is pretty accurate. Also, your department may well have a good idea of when you are likely to hear.

Hope this helps - and good luck!

On my university website under the ESRC section it says 'by early April' ! So a bit vague...maybe I have to wait up until the 15th :tongue:

All I have been told is that its gone to the ESRC to go through one more committee, on the uni website it states:

"Applications will be considered by academic departments and, following a departmental selection process, applicants will be informed if are being nominated for an ESRC WR DTC Discipline/Advanced Quantitative Methods (AQM)/Network/Pathway Development or a Collaborative Studentship. The White Rose Academic Quality Committee will review the nominations and decide on the final list of awards"

Not sure who that quality committee is made up of! Im very nervous, im constantly checking my emails :s-smilie: so thank you for the good luck wishes! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending