The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7080
Original post by WalkingDead
Surely it wouldn't be reset until after the results tomorrow or everyone would be checking the accommodation offers first?

Well that's what you would think but something has changed for me in the last hour I think. I'm not saying they mean to give it away with the accommodation portal. I just figured that if the portal is built to not let people in who have been declined and that's what they changed my status too, that might be the reason. If I had been locked out since sunday or something I would be more optimistic.
Original post by Robbie242
bricking economics to the max now

Grade boundaries: when you see them, you'll **** bricks.
Reply 7082
Original post by Where'sPerry?
Omg, brilliant :rofl: They fail to even query us on myelinated sheaths?!?! Ahahaha

I feel so sad laughing at biology jokes but its just so good haha
I skipped the pages, what have I missed?

How are people feeling after boundaries?
Original post by PythianLegume
Grade boundaries: when you see them, you'll **** bricks.

Pretty much. Same happened in January, we're all so eager to find out the boundaries and then bam there's a horrible one
Original post by ladynova
but aqa physics has been raised by 3 marks this year. I am freaking out.

Do you do Physics A? I thought they looked about average overall?
Reply 7086
Grade boundaries have cheered me up a little bit, 79/100 for an A* in Chem5 :woo:
Reply 7087
is there an ocr A2 level ums to raw converter?
Original post by L'Evil Fish

maths and further maths - :sexface:

economics - :mad:
Edexcel is the only board I don't dare look at. Anyone seen any major change from edexcel overall?
Original post by Divergent
It's shockingly low isn't it?
50/70 for an A????? :smile:

I think I'm fine with my philosophy paper, but my new testament unit is the highest grade boundaries EVER :frown: 56/70 for an A.....
I'm screwed.

Not going to be trusting OCR tomorrow. They marked me down by 11 marks last year, and i'm not as trusting with them this year. I *need* an A or else I'm screwed... :frown: xx

It's amazing. 36/70 for the C I need :wink:. But yeah 57/70 for the A*, with a sympathetic examiner, perhaps, I don't want to get my hopes up too much though.

The ethics paper I did isn't much better 55/70 for A, but I didn't totally balls that one up so that's slightly better. It's really disconcerting how at the top end each raw mark is basically 2 UMS :K. 11 marks? Christ, so did you get a remark?
Wow, I thought M1 went alright :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know the maths:tongue:

How bad is econ? I've downloaded boundaries now! Shame none of my exams are there... :colonhash:

I've started worrying now, last night, in my head I'd convinced myself I have an A* when I know thats not true :frown:
Original post by Nathan0012
Wow, I thought M1 went alright :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile

you thought it did, lots of people who sat it didn't, that's how edexcel work
Reply 7094
Original post by AmyLH
Grade boundaries have cheered me up a little bit, 79/100 for an A* in Chem5 :woo:

But 96% for an A* in the ISA :frown:

I'm eager for my results :biggrin: I think my realistic outcome now is A*AA but it could go from A*AB to A*A*A*!
I know the maths:tongue:

How bad is econ? I've downloaded boundaries now! Shame none of my exams are there... :colonhash:

I've started worrying now, last night, in my head I'd convinced myself I have an A* when I know thats not true :frown:

Quite bad 49/60 for an A which is ridiculously high, I need 96 in this exam for the 90 average, there's a very small chance of that happening
Reply 7097
you thought it did, lots of people who sat it didn't, that's how edexcel work

have edexcel released grade boundaries yet?

Philosophy - :colone:
Original post by Fas
haha yeah , science did that to me in my GCSE years , didn't like it at all ! plus whats worse is with Biology , the examiner marks at his discretion really , and you need specific words to get the mark ( atleast at GCSE level anyway ) :tongue:

yeah AS results man , really hoping for atleast AAAB ! i mean i could live with AABB i guess , dunno how badly that would affect my chances for Nottingham/Bath Economics courses haha. how about you ?

Mm trust me it stays the same for A Level. I got my paper back once and I lost a mark because I wrote small intestine instead of linings of small intestine. :rolleyes:

Wow I'm sure you can get that. :smile: And trust me Nottingham is awesome. I went to the Summer School and I fell in love with the campus. I didn't even want to leave. :smile: As you can see by my name I'm a potential medic waiting for AS results, but I might change my mind after tomorrow. I'm not sure I've got the grades to apply for Medicine, so I've already started looking into alternative routes to either transfer in my first year or do postgrad :frown: It could go either way for me tomorrow. Where else you thinking of applying?

Latest