The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mike_123
damn that's an easy offer :biggrin:

It may be an easy offer but not one that's easy to get - still can't believe I got in to LSE tbh. I'm lucky as well in that a decent A in AS FM means a high C in A2 gets me an A overall.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Has anyone applied for just straight History (non international)?
I applied last year with 2A* 6A 2B 1C at GCSE and 2A 2B at AS level. Was rejected based on my GCSES.
However, I am now in my gap year and re-applying to unis. I achieved AAAab at A2 and AS.
5 weeks ago i received the 7 week email saying i'm good enough for LSE but its now down to the history dep to decide.
I have a feeling that offers will be made on the last day of term, as this has become an LSE tradition. Also offers are only usually on Fridays, but does anyone know for sure when LSE breaks up for the Christmas break?
Usually rejections are saved for until after Christmas.
Anyone also applying for History and UCL and revived the questionnaire the other day?
Reply 3222
Original post by izzywilson123
I applied last year with 2A* 6A 2B 1C at GCSE and 2A 2B at AS level. Was rejected based on my GCSES.
However, I am now in my gap year and re-applying to unis. I achieved AAAab at A2 and AS.
5 weeks ago i received the 7 week email saying i'm good enough for LSE but its now down to the history dep to decide.
I have a feeling that offers will be made on the last day of term, as this has become an LSE tradition. Also offers are only usually on Fridays, but does anyone know for sure when LSE breaks up for the Christmas break?
Anyone also applying for History and UCL and revived the questionnaire the other day?

In regards to UCL, the questionnaires are sent out randomly! I've seen people who applied around the same time as me still not having one! All I can say is I think it's a very important part of the application process because my grades aren't stellar and I received an offer from UCL around 2 weeks ago :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, I've applied for straight History. We both have exactly the same GCSE grades! Also, I resat year 12, and 2nd time round I got AAAE, predicted A*AA. I know someone on here who got rejected for History last week. They had 10A* at GCSE, predicted 3A* at A2 and got rejected, on the basis that their PS wasn't focused enough towards "international" History.
I got the 4 week email 2 weeks ago, and so I have a feeling I'll receive a decision tomorrow/Friday. LSE close on Friday apparently.
Also applied to UCL for History with a year abroad, but have not heard anything from them, nothing about any questionnaire that everyone seems to have been given already.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gracelich
Hi, I've applied for straight History. We both have exactly the same GCSE grades! Also, I resat year 12, and 2nd time round I got AAAE, predicted A*AA. I know someone on here who got rejected for History last week. They had 10A* at GCSE, predicted 3A* at A2 and got rejected, on the basis that their PS wasn't focused enough towards "international" History.
I got the 4 week email 2 weeks ago, and so I have a feeling I'll receive a decision tomorrow/Friday. LSE close on Friday apparently.
Also applied to UCL for History with a year abroad, but have not heard anything from them, nothing about any questionnaire that everyone seems to have been given already.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The questionnaires only for Econ applicants so don't worry
I can only assume ps is as important to LSE as I received an offer grades as my predicted grades are good but not as impressive as some people who I have seen be rejected.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by chripro
Congrats Chester! Well done. When did you send your application? Are you a home or an international applicant?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Home student, hmm late October/ early November I think

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by B-Stacks
Congrats! Could I ask what you gcses, AS subjects and grades were?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cheers, at As took Maths, F.Maths, Physics and Chemistry AAAA

5A*, 5A at GCSE

Predicted A*AA for A2 (Maths, F.Maths and physics)

Help atall?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh, so the general feeling is that they'll probably let people know by tomorrow? Is this all departments throughout LSE? I've applied for Government and History and I think LSE is probably going to be my first choice given the fact that my Oxford interview last week was incredibly painful.
Reply 3229
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
The questionnaires only for Econ applicants so don't worry

Questionnaire? What is it about?
Original post by L1000
Questionnaire? What is it about?

UMS Questionnaire for every subject and module you've done. (Apart from GS and CT)
Original post by gracelich

Posted from TSR Mobile

ahhh glad to know we are in the same boat. Although its sad to know that someone very talented got rejected, it is also good to know about the PS as mine is quite focused on history in the world/modern history. It was good enough for UCL last year and this year so I really hope its good enough this time. LSE does seem quite heavily focused on the PS.
Reply 3232

DO they have straight history? DO you mean economic history?
Original post by arminb
DO they have straight history? DO you mean economic history?

No I have applied for straight history not Econ history - look in the prospectus.
Reply 3234
I'm dreading tomorrow..! I really want an offer from them!!
Reply 3235
No I have applied for straight history not Econ history - look in the prospectus.

Bro, I dont think there is such thing as straight history. There is either International history(v146) or Economics History or Economic History and Economics. I know that they refer to it as just history in their website but that course is offered by the international history department. Straight history is V100 and LSE doesn't offer it.
Original post by arminb
Bro, I dont think there is such thing as straight history. There is either International history(v146) or Economics History or Economic History and Economics. I know that they refer to it as just history in their website but that course is offered by the international history department. Straight history is V100 and LSE doesn't offer it.

Yeah I'm doing v146, which I know is international history. I referred to it as straight history as It would not be helpful for me to hear things from people who have applied to do joint honours. I'm more than sure that I know what course I have applied to at LSE as this is my second year of applying to Unis and as I have attended 2 open days and 2 lectures from the history department.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3237
Yeah I'm doing v146, which I know is international history. I referred to it as straight history as It would not be helpful for me to hear things from people who have applied to do joint honours. I'm more than sure that I know what course I have applied to at LSE as this is my second year of applying to Unis and as I have attended 2 open days and 2 lectures from the history department.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ouh, ok. Good luck with your application:wink:.
Reply 3238
Alright, you have had over two decades to review our applications.
And yes, you have well exceeded the deadlines you set for yourself.
You need to be responsible before you take off for Christmas.
Reply 3239
Original post by NedStark
Surprisingly you have a 'street' aspect to your personality.

How is that surprising? I have so many layers, you see.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending