Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3700
Probably not the best place to ask this question, but:

LSE or Warwick?

(applying for math&econ / mmorse (mathematics, statistics, operational research, economics))
Any suggestions will be helpful :smile:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by Amu-ka
Probably not the best place to ask this question, but:

LSE or Warwick?

(applying for math&econ / mmorse (mathematics, statistics, operational research, economics))
Any suggestions will be helpful :smile:

Is this even a question? Obviously LSE. Also, due the fact that this is a LSE thread, you might get slightly biased answers.
And how do people here feel about Cambridge vs LSE?

(for political science/IInternational relations)
Did anybody else who already has an offer and has received their pack from LSE think that it was rather cute and adorable that they sent us a certificate for our offer?
Reply 3704
Original post by ChangeOurWorld
Did anybody else who already has an offer and has received their pack from LSE think that it was rather cute and adorable that they sent us a certificate for our offer?

It wasn't really a certificate was it? I received just a piece of paper with the offer conditions on it and another small generic card inviting you to the offer holders open day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3705
Original post by mm14
tell me about it, I've not heard from any other universities either (bar an oxford rejection) so I'm not really sure if I'll be going to uni at this rate

Only offer i've got is from Bath so far, and just got a rejection from Cambridge. Putting my eggs in LSE's basket now...though I'm not expecting their reply until late January...jealous of all the people who've heard back already!
Original post by gouratiltzen
And how do people here feel about Cambridge vs LSE?

(for political science/IInternational relations)

Provided you have both offers, a lot of people have picked Cambridge over LSE.
Reply 3707
Any Management decisions?
Original post by schlili
Any Management decisions?

Got a mangaement offer b4 xmas :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
LSE Thursday and Friday coming up...do you think they're going to wait till after 15th to start giving out offers/rejections?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3710
Original post by gracelich
LSE Thursday and Friday coming up...do you think they're going to wait till after 15th to start giving out offers/rejections?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hope not ^^
Reply 3711
Just joined the forum - applied to LSE in December 17th for BSc Economics. I just got my 2 weeks second email today :tongue: feeling very nervous about it as I've seen quite a lot of people were given emails extending the deadlines =X
Reply 3712
Original post by Kangxidi
Just joined the forum - applied to LSE in December 17th for BSc Economics. I just got my 2 weeks second email today :tongue: feeling very nervous about it as I've seen quite a lot of people were given emails extending the deadlines =X

I also received the two-week mail today, but seeing as how slow LSE has been for others I'm anticipating a long wait. :smile:
Original post by benq
I hope not ^^

Tbh, I'd prefer to know asap if I have a rejection, get it over and done with. I'm 95% sure I'm getting rejected :L

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3714

Posted from TSR Mobile

i am pretty sure they will wait until after the 15th of January ... or make you wait even longer since they will be very busy with all the new applications :/
Has anyone who received the "among the strongest" mail heard anything from LSE yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by schlili
i am pretty sure they will wait until after the 15th of January ... or make you wait even longer since they will be very busy with all the new applications :/
Has anyone who received the "among the strongest" mail heard anything from LSE yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, I got the "among the strongest" email on 6th December, which stipulated I had to wait 4 weeks for a decision. 2 weeks later, I got another email explaining the admissions office was closed for Christmas, and that I have to wait an extra 2 weeks. So, I should have a decision on 30th January or before.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3716
Tbh, I'd prefer to know asap if I have a rejection, get it over and done with. I'm 95% sure I'm getting rejected :L

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here!A bit over two weeks till my end of four weeks email (include the additional two weeks mentioned in Xmas email)...During this waiting process, I am losing all my confidence of getting in...can see the rej coming on its way :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by di_1996
Same here!A bit over two weeks till my end of four weeks email (include the additional two weeks mentioned in Xmas email)...During this waiting process, I am losing all my confidence of getting in...can see the rej coming on its way :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, same for me too. I should hear back a few days before my birthday LOL. What did you apply for? You probably have a better chance than me, I resat Year 12 :L

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3718
Yeah, same for me too. I should hear back a few days before my birthday LOL. What did you apply for? You probably have a better chance than me, I resat Year 12 :L

Posted from TSR Mobile

Try to be positive, maybe LSE will give you an offer as the present for you birthday :smile:

I am applying for Straight Eco, my friend who applied the same course as me at the same time got offer more than a month ago...Though, I have to say she is better than me.

Kind of transforming from freaking out waiting to depressing waiting.

Anyway, good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by di_1996
Try to be positive, maybe LSE will give you an offer as the present for you birthday :smile:

I am applying for Straight Eco, my friend who applied the same course as me at the same time got offer more than a month ago...Though, I have to say she is better than me.

Kind of transforming from freaking out waiting to depressing waiting.

Anyway, good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, it would be the best birthday present haha. I wouldn't worry that your friend got an offer early... No news is good news. They give decisions out in waves, so maybe your offer will be in the next one.

Good luck too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending