The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by StudioBagel
Hi guys,

I received an e-mail saying that I was "strong enough to be considered further ..." just the day after they sent me the email : "We will consider your application within 2 weeks ..."

Is it a good sign if they consider I am strong enough very quickly ?

(I sent my application on the 25th of September)

Applying for Econ and Econ History

Oh wow! I applied on the 15th of this month and received my receipt of application 2 days later.. Still heard no news yet (Pretty sure it'll be an instant rejection!)
Good luck on your application!
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by Portia1993
Oh wow! I applied on the 15th of this month and received my receipt of application 2 days later.. Still heard no news yet (Pretty sure it'll be an instant rejection!)
Good luck on your application!

If you are doing an access course you'll either be rejected or asked to sit an entrance exam.
Original post by gouratiltzen
If you are doing an access course you'll either be rejected or asked to sit an entrance exam.

I'm expected 93 distinctions so I'll be pissed if I get outright rejected! Especially as I took extra subjects just so it'd look good for Uni! Not fussed about an exam, they tend to be fairly good for me
Just annoyed that I've actually heard more from Cambridge than anyone else D:
Reply 583
Hey guys, sorry for interfering here, but can you just tell me the possibility of getting in these universities for IR.

-GCSE
2A*s 7As 2Bs

-As level:
Economics A
Psychology A
Eng Lit A

Im applyying to
LSE
Kings College
Saint Andrews
Sussex
Queen Mary.

My goal is LSE or Kings though, but help me out for the chances. thaaanks
Reply 584
I sent in my application couple of days ago

I have no idea about submitting the UMS. I did CIE (international examination board) and it does not have modules but it just gives you your grade and percentage achieved.

I did not put down any percentages but just grades on UCAS since I heard that unis send you an email after they receive the application asking for your UMS percentages... is that right?
I'm expected 93 distinctions so I'll be pissed if I get outright rejected! Especially as I took extra subjects just so it'd look good for Uni! Not fussed about an exam, they tend to be fairly good for me
Just annoyed that I've actually heard more from Cambridge than anyone else D:

Good job. You got similar grades to me.
The exam is annoying as it contains a maths section. Hope you are decent at that!
Original post by gouratiltzen
Good job. You got similar grades to me.
The exam is annoying as it contains a maths section. Hope you are decent at that!

Luckily maths is one of my strongest subjects ^-^ + I love it so shouldn't be too much of a problem :3
Luckily maths is one of my strongest subjects ^-^ + I love it so shouldn't be too much of a problem :3

Then you shouldn't have a problem. It's only basic stuff. :biggrin:
Reply 588
Original post by Son1809
Hello folks. Applying for Government & Economics.

GCSEs - 12A*s

AS-Levels - AAAAA (in Bio, Chem, Maths, Hist, Irish)
Predicted - A*A*A*A*A*

If anyone wants to throw me into the stalking thread, that'd be great. Good luck everyone!

Go for straight econs
Hi everyone !!
I'm french and not bilingual so sorry in advance for the faults I'd make !
I've applied to 3 courses at the LSE : politics ans philosophy, social policy and sociology, and international relations. I already have submitted my UCAS application ... My questions are : does the LSE is that selective ? Your comments about it are a bit frightening lol, so I'm now wondering if it was a good choice to "bet" on this school three times instead of putting other universities. Now this is too late... Does everyone know if they ask anything else than the UCAS file for the admissions process? When do we know if we are accepted or not ?
Wish you all the best ! :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 590
Original post by CEKTOP
Go for straight econs

Why do you say so? Government looks very very interesting though, and I kind of like having a broad range of options. My application is already away anyway :frown:
Has anyone heard anything from the maths department yet? I had my acknowledgement email then the next email which said they would be in touch in approximately 2 weeks but the 2 weeks has been and gone and I still haven't heard anything.
Reply 592
Original post by Son1809
Why do you say so? Government looks very very interesting though, and I kind of like having a broad range of options. My application is already away anyway :frown:

It's much more prestigious.
Reply 593
Original post by tigerz
I decided to chicken out and apply for actuarial science but my goal is 'maths with econ' :P
If I feel confident later on i'll change it (trying to persuade teachers to predict me an A* for mathsy)

I really actually want to do this, actuarial science, whats your grades like?
Reply 594
Anyone got 2 weeks or 5 weeks emails from A&F? Applied last week still nothing apart from agnoledgement ..:frown:
Original post by Son1809

He probably said that because with your grades, as long as your ps is good, you're very likely to get an offer ..for well any course and econs is the most competitive/highly regarded one.

I suggest go for what you really want to do. Congrats on your terrific grades by the way, and good luck.
Reply 596
Original post by anyap
Anyone got 2 weeks or 5 weeks emails from A&F? Applied last week still nothing apart from agnoledgement ..:frown:

Got both. Applied shortly before 15th Oct.
Reply 597
Original post by calumwebb
I really actually want to do this, actuarial science, whats your grades like?

The requirements AAA, lower compared to maths + econ so yeah

For AS I got an A in maths+ econ, B in chem and C in Psychology :smile:
My GCSE's were nothing special tbh, 5A's, 5B's and 4C's

What you applying for?
Original post by josiejo1970
Has anyone heard anything from the maths department yet? I had my acknowledgement email then the next email which said they would be in touch in approximately 2 weeks but the 2 weeks has been and gone and I still haven't heard anything.

They might be in touch this week!
Original post by frenchstud74
Hi everyone !!
I'm french and not bilingual so sorry in advance for the faults I'd make !
I've applied to 3 courses at the LSE : politics ans philosophy, social policy and sociology, and international relations. I already have submitted my UCAS application ... My questions are : does the LSE is that selective ? Your comments about it are a bit frightening lol, so I'm now wondering if it was a good choice to "bet" on this school three times instead of putting other universities. Now this is too late... Does everyone know if they ask anything else than the UCAS file for the admissions process? When do we know if we are accepted or not ?
Wish you all the best ! :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

It is selective. Some of LSE's courses are the most oversubscribed in the UK (applicants vs places)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending