The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by josiejo1970
Im exactly the sam:confused:

:frown: The weirdest part is that I spoke to a maths applicant on TSR who sent their UCAS after me, yet received the 5 week email last week... :confused:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 781
Original post by Sun_Bear
Anybody applying for Accounting and Finance?

I am:smile: what emails have you received so far and when did you apply?
Original post by smile:D
:hi:, my email is due next wednesday too, was your original 2 week one from Umi Chilemba as well?

Yes it was! So nervous about it... I can feel a straight up rejection on its way.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 783
Original post by gracelich
Yes it was! So nervous about it... I can feel a straight up rejection on its way.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know exactly what you mean- the application stats seem so daunting!!
Original post by smile:D
I know exactly what you mean- the application stats seem so daunting!!

Do you have a link to the stats?
Original post by bluebell_flames
:frown: The weirdest part is that I spoke to a maths applicant on TSR who sent their UCAS after me, yet received the 5 week email last week... :confused:

I know - it is so strange that everyone has heard within 2 weeks except a group of us from maths department that received their 2 week email on 7th October. It makes me think there is a problem and I'm worried my application is missing or misplaced or something.
Reply 786
Original post by josiejo1970
I know - it is so strange that everyone has heard within 2 weeks except a group of us from maths department that received their 2 week email on 7th October. It makes me think there is a problem and I'm worried my application is missing or misplaced or something.

I think the reason I haven't heard is because I have received the
'strong enough' email for straight eco and for stat with finance. I imagine I will be pushed through their assessment before the maths department looks at me.
Original post by scottface
I think the reason I haven't heard is because I have received the
'strong enough' email for straight eco and for stat with finance. I imagine I will be pushed through their assessment before the maths department looks at me.

May i ask you what your AS subjects, results and predictions were?
Has anyone received an additional questionnaire asking for UMS yet? (BSc Econ)
Reply 789
Original post by Hazard17
May i ask you what your AS subjects, results and predictions were?

I'm an Australian, so I guess no? :s-smilie:
Reply 790
Original post by scottface
I'm an Australian, so I guess no? :s-smilie:
Do you happen to do HSC?
Reply 791
Original post by Yuqi96
Do you happen to do HSC?

Nooope I'm from QLD
Original post by anyap
I am:smile: what emails have you received so far and when did you apply?

My school sent off my ucas 3 days ago so i will probably have to wait a bit longer for an email.
Reply 793
Original post by kelly61566
I got my 2 week email on the 7th, and my 5 week email on the 10th and haven't heard back since. you?

I applied on the 21st of Oct and I havent heard anything except this:

"Decisions are made on a rolling basis, and we will make a decision on your application within 12 weeks and no later than 31 March 2014 (whichever is earlier). We will be emailing you every few weeks to update you on the progress of your application."

I dont know what "rolling basis" means?

P.s. Im an international applicant
Reply 794
Original post by norah_bellefleur
Any news for IR applicants? I got my 'two-week' email on the 16th and have since become addicted to checking my email!

Haha, you could be me :biggrin:
That's exactly my life at the moment as well! I'm so anxious, I must have gained 5lbs from all the stress already...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by james0527
I applied on the 21st of Oct and I havent heard anything except this:

"Decisions are made on a rolling basis, and we will make a decision on your application within 12 weeks and no later than 31 March 2014 (whichever is earlier). We will be emailing you every few weeks to update you on the progress of your application."

I dont know what "rolling basis" means?

P.s. Im an international applicant

I applied on the 18th of Sept., so more than a month before you did, and I got the two weeks email nearly 3 weeks after I applied. So I wouldn't worry too much at this stage. As far as I know everybody get a two week email.

"rolling basis" means they're processing the applications as they come through, so normally the earlier you apply the earlier you hear back, although they do have the right to keep your application in a 'gathered field' and leave the decision until March.

And I'm an international applicant too :smile: I'm from Australia.
Original post by meekayla
Haha, you could be me :biggrin:
That's exactly my life at the moment as well! I'm so anxious, I must have gained 5lbs from all the stress already...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pheww, I thought I was the only one..
Reply 797
Original post by kelly61566
Pheww, I thought I was the only one..

Are you kidding? My school's ball is this month and I had a dress fitted 2 weeks ago... someone must have shrunk it since :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just got an email saying i have to wait 12 weeks for a reply :'(
Re: Which school would you send your children to a private or public
Sun_Bear
Definitely private, i wouldn't want them mixing the the peasants.

Original post by Sun_Bear
Just got an email saying i have to wait 12 weeks for a reply :'(

How unfortunate.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending