The Student Room Group

If you met your soulmate, how much would looks still matter?

If you think you met your soulmate, basically a male/female version of who you are, and you both have a deep connection, would looks (height, weight etc) still matter as much as it normally does to you?

This question is geared mainly for girls but guy may also reply.
From experience.. me and my boyfriend are like twins when it comes to personality, were both loco. I suppose we all have this 'type' in our heads of what we want a partner to look like, and my boyfriend is completely not what my type is. But he's brilliant, we've been together 3 years and he's my soulmate, we have a great relationship even though both of us had different ideals before. :smile: I've also found that the better the connection and the deeper the feelings are to someone they get more attractive, as weird as it sounds :smile: Hope I helped!
Surely if they were my soulmate, I would be attracted to them anyway?
Reply 3
looks wouldn't matter. Not even a little bit
Original post by GeekChicc

This. If theyre your soulmate there would be an attraction.

With my boyfriend, i think hes super hot but i actually never thought anything when i first met him! It grew when I realised how similar we are.
As others have said; surely if they're your soulmate, you'll find them attractive in some way?

Also, a male version of myself would drive me crazy. My boyfriend is pretty much my polar opposite and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Edit: When I say we're polar opposites.. we hold pretty much all of the same values, but our personalities are rather different. He can be quite short-tempered whereas I'm quite laid-back, but then I can be really stubborn when he's all lassaiz-faire. That sort of thing.
(edited 11 years ago)
That is too rare of an opportunity to be missed.
Looks might only hinder my decision if it was an extreme case e.g. very severe disfigurement.
Original post by Anonymous
If you think you met your soulmate, basically a male/female version of who you are, and you both have a deep connection, would looks (height, weight etc) still matter as much as it normally does to you?

It wouldn't at all I guess... My last boyfriend, with whom I was 3,5 years was complete opposite of my type when it comes to look... And my male best friend, which is basically my soulmate emotionally, intelectually etc also looks like a guy I'd never dated. We're not together from different reasons but if they were gone I'd definitely give it a try :wink:
Also, I believe that once you're really in love, when you look at beloved person, you see her/him in different light then before. Brighter :wink:
Reply 8
The difference is, as far as I can tell, is that I do notice other attractive females, but no one can give me the warmth and happiness I feel when I see and hug my girlfriend. I can, and have, told her everything, from all my bad habits to my good habits, its almost compulsive (I do probably have that compulsive disorder thing though...). She may not be THE most attractive female, but whenever I see her I feel this energy flowing between us. I always want to be connected to her like holding hands or a cuddle etc. I don't know the difference between love, soulmates and being attractive, but attractiveness encompasses a wide range of things which includes physical looks but that certainly is not the only part of what makes a girl attractive.

if they are my soul mate then surely i would find them attractive as well :confused:

either way yes - yes looks (to me) matter, how do you have a fulfilling sexual relationship with someone your not sexually attracted to?

no it wouldnt matter because if they were loving and had a great personality then I wouldnt care.
Looks are only on the surface and can change over time with a little effort and work, but a great personality and outlook on life is the real defining characteristic of a person
Original post by GeekChicc

Exactly. Wouldn't be my soulmate otherwise.

Before anyone accuses me of being shallow, isn't your soulmate supposed to be perfect to you in every way?
Reply 12
Looks always matter . You always want to leave your partner wanting more. Even if you marry them. Always groom yourself properly.
Reply 13
Its not about looks matterig. Its just hygiene is a big thing to girls. If your guy is cute you want to show him off. If you dont groom yourself at least a little , theres only so long a girl can be attracted to you
Reply 14
Surely the whole point of being SOULmates is that it's all within. Soulmates are not about looks at all. You can have a deep connection with someone without finding them attractive initially.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending