The Student Room Group

Art History or Sociology?

Hey all.

Last "HELP WITH MAH A-LEVELS" thread I'll post, I promise :ahee:

Anyway, long story short, I was browsing my prospective college's website and I was looking at their offered A-Levels and saw History of Art. I had assumed you'd need to have done Art GCSE, so I have never bothered looking at it. However, this isn't a requirement at all! I looked at the content and I was all "This has me written all over it." It looks amazingly interesting and would tie in well with History, Philosophy and English Lit.

I had my mind set on Sociology, but Art History does to appeal to me a lot more. I'm slightly worried that I'm doing two histories (albeit two completely different histories). Any current Art History students willing to enlighten me more on the content, etc?

And which do you think would tie in better with my other three subjects?

P.S. I'd like to read English (and History or Philosophy) at university if that's any help.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
I'm doing sociology at A2 currently, and I'd say if that's what you plan to study, you're better off studying sociology as you can get an insight into why certain things are the way they are in relation to the social situation at the time, or beliefs in society at the time. Just a thought. Especially if you do history or philosophy along with it.

Quick Reply

Latest