The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Sen. Honours Missed exam due to medical reasons

Hi guys, I've been looking for threads that answer my particular questions, but haven't found any yet.
I missed an exam today (60% of 40 credit full year course) and I got a medical certificate in advance, and I handed it in to my department.
Now, the problem is my advisor and my department were very clear on what I needed to do, but didn't give me much information about what happens afterwards. They said it can just be wavered since there are no resits for senior honours. As far as I understood my grade can just be calculated without the exam because I'm not missing any other credits.
Has anyone else been in this type of situation? Did your grade get lowered or did you have to do extra credit? As far as I gathered there is absolutely no penalty, but it sounds a bit dodgy and the people I talked to sounded a bit confused to me..
Original post by Viviangirl90
Hi guys, I've been looking for threads that answer my particular questions, but haven't found any yet.
I missed an exam today (60% of 40 credit full year course) and I got a medical certificate in advance, and I handed it in to my department.
Now, the problem is my advisor and my department were very clear on what I needed to do, but didn't give me much information about what happens afterwards. They said it can just be wavered since there are no resits for senior honours. As far as I understood my grade can just be calculated without the exam because I'm not missing any other credits.
Has anyone else been in this type of situation? Did your grade get lowered or did you have to do extra credit? As far as I gathered there is absolutely no penalty, but it sounds a bit dodgy and the people I talked to sounded a bit confused to me..

Hi, how did you get on with this? It would be interesting to know. I can't see missing an exam of this stature not impacting your result without picking credits up elsewhere. Let us know how you got on!
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi there, still no news. As far as I understand I'll have to wait until June to see my results, but both the head of department and my advisor of studies have repeatedly said 'no' to the extra credits. There's also no actual resits for Senior Honours, apparently.
Reply 3
Original post by Viviangirl90
Hi there, still no news. As far as I understand I'll have to wait until June to see my results, but both the head of department and my advisor of studies have repeatedly said 'no' to the extra credits. There's also no actual resits for Senior Honours, apparently.

No idea about honour exams but in December one of my class mates missed a continuous assessment ( was worth less than 10%) for medical reasons and they just increased the % of everything else for the year to make up for the lost % of the continuous assessment.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending