The Student Room Group

Can I be accepted for a foundational course if I don’t meet the requirements?

I have very bad asthma and I’ve missed a lot of school because of this, I’ve applied for a foundational course at university since I know I won’t be able to get high grades.
But I’m really struggling with revising for alevels right now and Im really worried that I won’t even be able to do a foundational course if I don’t get the requirements for this.
If I don’t meet the requirements for the foundational course, would they still accept me? I have a medical letter which states that I’ve missed many days off school due to my very bad asthma and the asthma attacks I’ve been having recently.
Only the university can answer this but if your asthma is stopping you studying it is likely to be the same thing in university so you will end up failing.
Reply 2
Original post by kayylaaa
I have very bad asthma and I’ve missed a lot of school because of this, I’ve applied for a foundational course at university since I know I won’t be able to get high grades.

Ask your school to email a formal letter to the Uni explaining how your asthma is impacting your studies and exams.
Do this now - not once you finish your exams or get your results. It does not guarantee you will be accepted if you miss the offer grades but it often can make a difference if you are borderline in August.
Reply 3
Original post by swanseajack1
Only the university can answer this but if your asthma is stopping you studying it is likely to be the same thing in university so you will end up failing.

it doesn’t stop me from studying…it’s just that last year I was having very bad asthma attacks and I had to be admitted to hospital a couple of times because of it and I’ve missed a lot of school because of it and my doctor gave me a medical letter to give to my school for the reason I was missing so much and it’s gotten better recently but I’ve missed so many lessons and I’m struggling to revise becasue I’ve missed so many lessons I don’t know how I’m meant to catch up on everything
Reply 4
Okay thank you so much I’ll do this

Original post by McGinger
Ask your school to email a formal letter to the Uni explaining how your asthma is impacting your studies and exams.
Do this now - not once you finish your exams or get your results. It does not guarantee you will be accepted if you miss the offer grades but it often can make a difference if you are borderline in August.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending