The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Biology Marking

up until now I haven't really looked at the marking mechanics section at the start of the mark schemes and it just made me realise a few things. I know they're meant to be for teachers who are trained how to use it but I was wondering, between answers there are "/" (slashes) im guessing that this means that they are alternatives that are accepted. if in the additional guidance it didn't mention anything about rejecting answers or accepting only one answer. And you wrote down both the alternatives accepted, would you still get the mark? or would they only accept one or the other and you get no marks as you wrote both?
Reply 1
Original post by ryanj18
up until now I haven't really looked at the marking mechanics section at the start of the mark schemes and it just made me realise a few things. I know they're meant to be for teachers who are trained how to use it but I was wondering, between answers there are "/" (slashes) im guessing that this means that they are alternatives that are accepted. if in the additional guidance it didn't mention anything about rejecting answers or accepting only one answer. And you wrote down both the alternatives accepted, would you still get the mark? or would they only accept one or the other and you get no marks as you wrote both?

The slash basically means and/or
If you put both, you'd get one mark. If you just put one of them, you'd get one mark.
So you can put either or both for that one mark.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending