The Student Room Group

Psychology June 2013 Edexcel Paper 2 Understanding the individual

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GTSwattsy
Have you learnt the syllabus and are just looking to recap or do you mean actually learn the whole syllabus?

I am likely to leave my revision until my other exams beforehand are completed, so I will be giving myself a whole week to revise it, and nothing else.

basically i revised unit 2/4 in detail a month ago but havent touched it since because i had other exams to revise for i have 12 in total how long would it take to rmember it all again? im thinking a week ish
Reply 21
heyc guys whr can i get the unit 2 passprs and marking sheme frm 2009 onwrds its not available in the edexcel website
Reply 22
heyc guys whr can i get the unit 2 passprs and marking sheme frm 2009 onwrds its not available in the edexcel website
Original post by GTSwattsy
Have you learnt the syllabus and are just looking to recap or do you mean actually learn the whole syllabus?

I am likely to leave my revision until my other exams beforehand are completed, so I will be giving myself a whole week to revise it, and nothing else.
Hey guys, I think there will be a question on animal experiments from the biological approach
I finding unit 2 so hard. :/ On top of that I've got my unit 1 resit as well.
Retaking unit one, any ideas on what is likely to come up?
No idea but i'm doing unit 1 as well (for the first time)
Reply 27
Original post by Anny Smiles
Ooooh, I wouldn't want to do them both at once... though you're in a way better position for next year, you'll be way more prepared for now to do two in one exam season!

I got an A in Unit 1, 95% UMS... though I found the paper a lot harder than the mocks, I was getting higher than that raw marks wise on mocks beforehard, though I can't say I was actually disappointed with the grade!

Any tips for unit 1 since you got an A (well done!)? This is the forth time I'm sitting it I keep getting D's :frown:
Reply 28
Original post by Swimmer123
Hey guys, I think there will be a question on animal experiments from the biological approach

Such as.. Whethers its ethical or not?
Reply 29
Original post by rachelgib
Any tips for unit 1 since you got an A (well done!)? This is the forth time I'm sitting it I keep getting D's :frown:

Thank you :P

I just learnt the content really well, because that gave me confidence.
For Cognitive, especially, I had my theories, and then I had studies for and against, and I learnt them. I did written notes and spider diagrams...
While learning content, also do exam questions and get them marked, if possible, because it's useful...!

Do you know why you lose marks, where your weaknesses lie? :smile:
Original post by rachelgib
Such as.. Whethers its ethical or not?

Yes, the questions are normally on practical and ethical issues of animal experiments
guys i did unit 1 in jan and was disappointed cause it was hard but i passsed thankfully. kinda scared for unit 2. do u guys have any notes or short notes that would be really helpful. thanx :smile: we got one week to go!! and i have physics unit 2 on the same day fml. -.-
Reply 32
Original post by rockstar101
guys i did unit 1 in jan and was disappointed cause it was hard but i passsed thankfully. kinda scared for unit 2. do u guys have any notes or short notes that would be really helpful. thanx :smile: we got one week to go!! and i have physics unit 2 on the same day fml. -.-

I'm doing most of my revision on a blog: revisewithannie.tumblr.com
if that helps?!
Reply 33
Edexcel Psychology Unit 2 - Any ideas on what might come up?
Goodluck everyone!
Reply 34
Original post by Anny Smiles
Thank you :P

I just learnt the content really well, because that gave me confidence.
For Cognitive, especially, I had my theories, and then I had studies for and against, and I learnt them. I did written notes and spider diagrams...
While learning content, also do exam questions and get them marked, if possible, because it's useful...!

Do you know why you lose marks, where your weaknesses lie? :smile:

Bad papers & panicking in the exams unfortunalty!
The paper wasn't too bad - 12 marks on qualitative & quantitative data - stinker of a question! xx
Reply 35
ive seen a useful website which i thought could be of use to people
www.psychology4u.webs.com
it has helped me with my unit 2 revision a lot!! should get me my A now :biggrin:
Reply 36
psychology4u.webs.com
Reply 37
i have seen a really useful website
www.psychology4u.webs.com
Are the critical regions for spearman, chi2 & mann whitney tests to the right or left of the critical value?
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2363060&p=42810159

I've put some notes up if anybody wants to use them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending