The Student Room Group

Advice needed please!

I've been bumping into a male friend a lot just recently, we talk, have a laugh, enjoy each others company etc, things seemed to have gone up a gear lately and on Friday after a long convo he kind of grabbed me and gave me the best hug I've ever had, we kind of clung together for a long time ... It left me grinning from ear to ear and almost dizzy. It was lovely.

I'm not sure how to proceed now, I have his mobile number but I'm not sure whether to text him or not as I'm not sure if we're in the 'friend zone' or not and I don't want to mis-read the situation and wreck a good friendship.

It's also slightly complicated because he's not totally over his ex and I'm not wanting to get hurt again, we both have kids and he works away five days a week.

Suggestions??
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I've been bumping into a male friend a lot just recently, we talk, have a laugh, enjoy each others company etc, things seemed to have gone up a gear lately and on Friday after a long convo he kind of grabbed me and gave me the best hug I've ever had, we kind of clung together for a long time ... It left me grinning from ear to ear and almost dizzy. It was lovely.

I'm not sure how to proceed now, I have his mobile number but I'm not sure whether to text him or not as I'm not sure if we're in the 'friend zone' or not and I don't want to mis-read the situation and wreck a good friendship.

It's also slightly complicated because he's not totally over his ex and I'm not wanting to get hurt again, we both have kids and he works away five days a week.

Suggestions??

Just enjoy his company. Ask him if he wants to go somewhere, like the cinema, a concert or anything you enjoy doing. There's no such thing as 'the friend zone'. It's just something everyone makes up. Spend time together and if anything happens then so be it. Just be happy you have a good friend :smile:
Reply 2
What's you instinct on his feelings? Usually instinct is quite reliable. Sounds quite promising to me although that type of hug can be emotional rather than sexual in intent.

I would probably wait for another opportunity for a hug and seek to escalate it to a kiss. Nothing to lose, no man is offended by a pass. Alternatively suggest something which is clearly a date. Good luck and let us all know what happens..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending