The Student Room Group

Oxford gang found guilty of grooming and sexually exploiting girls

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Xotol
It's not about what they look like or who their names are; it's about trying it identify the cause for these vile acts. If we can determine an societal or cultural reason - or even tendency - to cause people to commit acts such as these, then we are one step closer to fixing it.

While I will always support the majority of those in the middle east, the growing trend of rapists and sexual abuses in ethnicities from there is worrying. We have to figure out why. Is it religion? Is it culture? Is it culture sourced from religion? Only then can we take steps to try and mitigate the problem.

It is bordering on negligent to say 'who cares what they look like, just get rid of them'.

+1 this is precisely the point I was trying to make.

It isn't just this single issue, there is evidence of divisions within society with the surge of groups such as the EDL and the MDL etc. Also just ask the working class of Bradford, racism is rife and it indicates a deep rooted division within that society.
This is a vile and horrendous crime, and all these men deserve the highest form of punishment.

However, this story a very serious and worrying question

Will extremist and scaremongering organisations such as the EDF and BNP exploit and capitalistic on the events, for their own political expediency, to further alienate and scapegoat the entire UK Muslim population? I think so.
Ugh disgusting

Why are these men here?! They obviously target white british girls, they wouldn't dream of doing it to muslim girls. So why should they be allowed to live here if they think the "natives" are worth so little that it's ok to rape CHILDREN?! This country is too soft on this filth. They should be deported immediatey, they obviously hate this country so send them on the next plane back to Pakistan or whatever.

I am not racist, but you knew before the pictures were published what they were likely to be. Because it happens all too often, these Asian grooming gangs. Obviously there is evil in every race, but some of these "cultures" have views that are too contrasting to our Western way of life that they just shouldn't be allowed here. Many immigrants integrate well, but some have something in their phyche that makes it incapable for them to live in a "free" country.
Really penguinman, really? I thought a more serious and worrying question is why these cases have been ignored for so many years by the authorities and for example , no police will lose their jobs, even though they threatened one of the girls with arrest due to her repeatedly trying to tell them what was happening to her. Just like nobody at the social services will lose their job even though they have been forced to apologise for their incompetence.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by slickrick666999
Your source is from a man who claims Black people cannot be racist, and wrote an article in 2002 claiming all white people are racist.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2002/jul/03/raceintheuk.comment

Who's the hypocrite now..? Plus...I don't see how speaking about racial issues from white peoples point of view for once is 'targetting'. Minorities have had their say on racism for decades. As soon as we want our say on racism toward us, we are targetting everybody? :confused: please..

Maybe he should write articles on why minorities are exempt from being racist in our societies. The 'cultural' term was installed because they were targeting white girls ONLY & They were nearly all from ONE culture entirely...Pakistan.

A White journalist couldn't write a news story calling all Muslims terrorists could he..like Joseph Harker did in 2002. What hypocrisy. What double standards.

Reading through that, it's pretty obvious that's satirical ie: he ends it with "How can I be racist. I have white friends" which is the line that racists tend to use

"From white people's point of view" Are white people all the same that they need a single view point? Lots of white people would agree with me, and some white people would agree with you

Minorities are not exempt from being racist at all. They were also targeting vulnerable girls ONLY

The whole excuse that they're white is an excuse for them

Well of course a white journalist couldn't call all Muslims terrorists, purely because most aren't and you are also being very insular here, by assuming white = non Muslim
Reply 65
Original post by Xotol
It's not about what they look like or who their names are; it's about trying it identify the cause for these vile acts. If we can determine an societal or cultural reason - or even tendency - to cause people to commit acts such as these, then we are one step closer to fixing it.

While I will always support the majority of those in the middle east, the growing trend of rapists and sexual abuses in ethnicities from there is worrying. We have to figure out why. Is it religion? Is it culture? Is it culture sourced from religion? Only then can we take steps to try and mitigate the problem.

It is bordering on negligent to say 'who cares what they look like, just get rid of them'.

Here here.

I hope these men get their 'reward' in prison. Wouldn't care less for them.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 66
Original post by *Dreaming*
Ugh disgusting

Why are these men here?! They obviously target white british girls, they wouldn't dream of doing it to muslim girls. So why should they be allowed to live here if they think the "natives" are worth so little that it's ok to rape CHILDREN?! This country is too soft on this filth. They should be deported immediatey, they obviously hate this country so send them on the next plane back to Pakistan or whatever.

I am not racist, but you knew before the pictures were published what they were likely to be. Because it happens all too often, these Asian grooming gangs. Obviously there is evil in every race, but some of these "cultures" have views that are too contrasting to our Western way of life that they just shouldn't be allowed here. Many immigrants integrate well, but some have something in their phyche that makes it incapable for them to live in a "free" country.

I don't recall seeing any information suggesting that they were immigrants.
Reply 67
Original post by Umar1
So should we also collectively describe other paedophiles, armed robbers etc as Christians, jews, hindus or Sikhs??

Posted from TSR Mobile

The Imam describes them as 'Muslim'.
Original post by Ronove
I don't recall seeing any information suggesting that they were immigrants.

Well I'm not sure about all of them, but the news showed a police interview with a couple of them and their accent showed they definitely didn't grow up here.
Reply 69
Well I'm not sure about all of them, but the news showed a police interview with a couple of them and their accent showed they definitely didn't grow up here.

Accent shows very little, if anything at all.
Reply 70
Ugh disgusting

You do know there's White Muslims right? I don't think they'd care about what religion the girl is.
Reply 71
These men (I wouldn't call them "men") should be sentenced for a death penalty. Death penalty is a must to clean up from all the cruel criminals like these pathetic ones. What if someone would do the same to their children? Would they like that? I don't think so..
Original post by Olie
I agree, its not just this forum, its the whole country, PC gone mad, where its racist to make a truthful observation, surely it can only be racist if you hold/make a prejudiced and misguided view/observation. But this country seems to treat anything said against ethnic minorities as racism, whether its true or not and it does worry me seeing another case like this with many of the perpetrators once again with the same ethnic origin.

Oh and if anyone's wondering, I'm NOT a BNP/EDL supporter or a reader of the DM, I admit like many others, I had my suspicions (and they turned out to be correct), I'm not racist, its just like many others, OTT political correctness in this country annoys me.

Ahh finally someone who agrees, thanks.
This is the result of unnatural sexual repression.
Reply 74
Original post by Umar1
What if they weren't foreign, and roughly 1 in 20 would be a Christian?

Posted from TSR Mobile

If they were culturally and ethnically different to the norm, and their ethnicity and religion most often went hand in hand, and yes, 1 in 20 is a small enough minority to make it relevant if they all share similar ethnicity and religion.
Reply 75
half the posters in this thread have been banned.

Muslim moderator
Reply 76
Original post by Meron
Would you call them Christians just because their names are James, Michael..etc?
All we know about these people is their names, we don't know if they are believing and practicing Muslims. Or if their actions was motivated by Islam (I doubt it). Lets just call them for what they are savages not Muslims.

No True Scotsmen abounds.

The majority of people from their ethnic origins are Muslim, along with the fact that their names imply it. It may be a bit of a generalisation, but it's a pretty sound conclusion to draw, add to that of course, those of similar ethnic origin and apparent religion accused of similar crimes have turned out to be Muslim. I'll agree that cultural issues are probably more to blame than Islam, but I reject that Islam has no hand it. So no, I'll not ignore these factors to appease your liberal PC sensibilities.
Original post by de_monies

But of course, I guess if it's white people, culture doesn't come in to it (Which of course it doesn't), but if they're not white, suddenly it comes down to "that's their culture" What double standards. What hypocrisy

Well the thing is these men only wanted white girls for it because they look down on white girls...that is their culture then. If white men were to do this it's more likely not because the girls are white, as the men would be white too. That's just because they'd be disgusting people anyway. When you get a group of Muslim men who do this to white girls I really can't see how you can argue that's not their culture, they obviously are the kind of Muslims who think anyone who isn't the same religion as them is trash. Which is a shame for the majority of Muslims who wouldn't think such a thing, but you really can't deny in this case it was a culture issue..
Original post by deathhead
Ahh finally someone who agrees, thanks.

Lots of people agree, just not on this website as much it seems. But the growing UKIP support, whether it's true support or merely a protest vote, indicates that people are fed up with how PC everything is now. I really can't believe anyone can deny that there is a culture clash here when it was clear those men only wanted white girls. It's not even their race it's the religion which is a culture clash...but of course we're not allowed to say it now..
Reply 79
Original post by flyingarmbarman
please block the names of the convicted and we can all try and guess them - i going to take a wild punt the names have a certin arab-semtic origin- "mohammed azam, abdul mohammed, hussain iqbal?"

That's you taking a wild stab in the dark is it? (Actually, a wild stab (with a rusty 12" blade) is what I'd like to take at these animals' nut sacks)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending