The Student Room Group

Higher Biology Exam?!

I am glad that it is over but how did you all find it?

I found it solid and I ran out of time and that never happens with me. I found the paper way harder than the prelim. I just feel like crying because I didn't do well enough. I left out so many of the PS questions because my mind was so confused and I just couldn't do them. The KU and essay went okay but I must have left out or half answered around 15-20 questions.

I got 81% in the prelim but I don't think that after today, I have even got an A. I just feel so stupid and want to cry :frown:. How likely does an appeal for biology get accepted?

Would you say that this year was a "difficult" paper or was it easy for you?

Scroll to see replies

Is Biology in your case same as Higher Human Biology :s-smilie: ?? Done mine today !
Reply 2
i wrote down what i put down for the multiple choice:
1-A 2-B
3-C 4-A
5-A 6-B
7-D 8-A
9-B 10-D
11-C 12-C
13-C 14-D
15-A 16-B
16-C 17-A
18-C 19-D
20-D 21-B
22-A 23-C
24-D 25-D
26-A 27-B
28-C 29-B
30-C
Reply 3
I can't even remember my answers...:frown:.
Same here !! :/
Reply 5
Original post by bob35
i wrote down what i put down for the multiple choice:
1-A 2-B
3-C 4-A
5-A 6-B
7-D 8-A
9-B 10-D
11-C 12-C
13-C 14-D
15-A 16-B
16-C 17-A
18-C 19-D
20-D 21-B
22-A 23-C
24-D 25-D
26-A 27-B
28-C 29-B
30-C

sht I got 23 24 25 26 all A's and you only got 1 A there cry :frown:
Reply 6
Another question I couldn't do was the one on tetracycline or something like that? I didn't know what to write for that :frown:
Reply 7
Original post by CSM1996
Another question I couldn't do was the one on tetracycline or something like that? I didn't know what to write for that :frown:

Was this a genetic engineering question ?
I couldn't do it as well...
I wrote Gene Probes for part A)
but I wasn't sure about the immunity question
Reply 8
i said beacuse the insulin or what ever gene it was , was inserted inbetween the tetracyline gene cause it to be switched off or unviable to work
Reply 9
Original post by bob35
i said beacuse the insulin or what ever gene it was , was inserted inbetween the tetracyline gene cause it to be switched off or unviable to work

I said a similar thing too. I wrote that the gene was cut out this does not work and insulin does instead.
Reply 10
Original post by Nessie162
Was this a genetic engineering question ?
I couldn't do it as well...
I wrote Gene Probes for part A)
but I wasn't sure about the immunity question

I wrote gene probe too woo!

I wrote about how one gene is specific to one resistance and idk.

Original post by bob35

I had something like that at the start but then I scribbled it out :frown:
Reply 11
Original post by CSM1996
sht I got 23 24 25 26 all A's and you only got 1 A there cry :frown:

I never got that many A's when I was doing the questions. Mostly all D and C's...:s-smilie:.
I want to see the paper so badly... It would be fun to do it with you and see what you got for each question :biggrin:
Hey, for the last multi choice I got A as well :s-smilie: and regarding the tyripsane or whatever it was I thought it was Enzyme Activators and the pancreas does not produce it because it'll digest the pancreas cells therefor the pancreas produces an inactive enzyme. Can't remember exactly what I wrote but it was along those lines :s-smilie: sorry !!
Original post by xoJennyox
I never got that many A's when I was doing the questions. Mostly all D and C's...:s-smilie:.

Same here, there were a few A's if I can remember :s-smilie:
Reply 15
has anyone else wrote down what they got. i wrote them down on my working sheet then took it with me . anyone else done the same thing so they an put up what they got?
Reply 16
Original post by itsGrand131415
Hey, for the last multi choice I got A as well :s-smilie: and regarding the tyripsane or whatever it was I thought it was Enzyme Activators and the pancreas does not produce it because it'll digest the pancreas cells therefor the pancreas produces an inactive enzyme. Can't remember exactly what I wrote but it was along those lines :s-smilie: sorry !!

wth at enzyme activators :frown:

Original post by xoJennyox

I got a lot of C's and D's I think, I don't actually think I got a lot of B's :frown:
Reply 17
what was the last multiple choice question ?
Reply 18
density independant factors- i put temperature
Reply 19
which was C

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending