The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Large or small flats

Hi all,

Got a conditional for geology in glasgow, so had to apply for accommodation and before deciding on the place wanted to clarify the pros and cons of both types of flats. Read somewhere that its common for large flat roommates to nick your food. Is that true?

Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by alexanoles
Read somewhere that its common for large flat roommates to nick your food. Is that true?

Yes. Don't keep any nice or expensive food in the kitchen, unless it's chilled or frozen food. Unintentionally or not, it will be stolen.
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by mythtakes
Yes. Don't keep any nice or expensive food in the kitchen, unless it's chilled or frozen food. Unintentionally or not, it will be stolen.

haha, I'll keep that in mind.
Reply 3
In Murano large flats there are lockers for you to put non perishables in, unsure how safe they are though or if they actually lock. I had a friend there who kept their food in a mini fridge in their room, they told her not to but they never did anything else about it even though they were in her room a few times throughout the year for different reasons.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
I was in Cairncross House in my first year. We were about 8-10 people in one kitchen. It was a really great way to make friends and meet people (also because CX is a house, not separate flats, so you can easily go visit the folks in the other kitchens). People definitely steal your food, but I think that's just a halls thing! Write your name on everything and buy a communal supply of milk as people will keep stealing that for their tea even though your name is on it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending