The Student Room Group
Liverpool Hope University
Liverpool Hope University
Liverpool
Visit website

Liverpool Hope Reputation International Relations

Hello all! My name is Tamara and I am from the US. I have always wanted to study abroad, and made the decision in 2011 to pursue my masters degree in England. I applied in October 2011 to Aberystwyth, Salford, Kingston, and Liverpool Hope. I had unconditional offers from all four. However, my top choice was Aberystwyth.

Unfortunately my brother, who was the closest person in my life, passed away in January 2012. He had a daughter born not two months days before his death. So, I put most of my life on hold. Now that I am ready to jump back on the study abroad horse ha ha, I'm looking for some open opinions.

Liverpool Hope is one of the few universities with in my price range. I've checked on Aberystwyth, however due to the rising cost of education, my former top choice is out. While my grades are great, I do not believe the amount of the scholarships offered would put enough of a dent into the cost of education plus housing to elicit a confirmation of the unconditional offer I previously deferred. Because of my grades and community activities, I a.m. about 80% certain that I can get one of the overseas scholarships to take care of approximately 50% of my tuition. Thus, making my education just that much more affordable. Therefore, I am considering my other options.

So, I am curious about the reputation of Liverpool Hope. I have seen threads and other posts that do not speak highly of Liverpool Hope. My concern with that is employability. The whole goal of pursuing my masters in international Relations is to obtain a job and a career in international organizations dealing with human rights, conflict, and international politics. The caveat to these posts is that they are from 2010; 3 years ago.

Since things can change in three years, I'm hoping that some of you wonderful people out there will be able to provide me with opinions and thoughts on pursuing my masters with Liverpool Hope. Any information on employability, reputation with in the international relations and international organizations community, or any general information is greatly appreciated.

Please, I beg of you, help this Yank out LOL

Thank you all so much in advance for your posts.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending