The Student Room Group

AQA English Language June 4th 2013

Updated @ 04/06/13

This is all the resources on this post - i dont like it when it is messy :mmm: :

Spoiler

Oh and remember to look at the post below for more language resources!

Hehe... Dont forget to +Rep and keep the post alive!!
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
This post was updated on : 01/06/13
5 NEW ATTACHMENTS!!!

link to foundation insert - January 2013 : https://www.dropbox.com/s/62fd371bgsm3we5/January%202013%20Insert%20Foundation.pdf

A good revision guide is attached to this post!

If you barely know anything about the course this is a good start :

Spoiler

I have attached a revision guide to this post which i believe is fairly good!

Hehe... Dont forget to +Rep and keep the thread alive!! :biggrin::clap2::dancing2::dance::groovy::nutcase::security::spank::thumbsup::bhangra:

Ryan
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
some people asked so i will put it here...

i got an A ... then after a remark i got my A* in Lang. -- this shizz works!!!

Ryan
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3
legend, cheers for making this, I'm also re-taking. Best of luck in advance.
Reply 4
Original post by Robocop656
legend, cheers for making this, I'm also re-taking. Best of luck in advance.

np... did you do lit today??

ryan
Hey I'm re-taking too and wanna say thanks for the resources! Mr Bruff's videos are so helpful! Btw you guys what mark did you get if you did higher? Curious I guess..
Reply 6
Original post by SklIsMentalAbuse
Hey I'm re-taking too and wanna say thanks for the resources! Mr Bruff's videos are so helpful! Btw you guys what mark did you get if you did higher? Curious I guess..

i did it in june last year and i scraped an A..55/80 raw marks..96/120 ums
if i lost one mark i would have a B

i want an A* ... what did you get?

ryan
The irony that english has been spelt wrong

Thanks for making the thread though :smile:
Original post by ryanb97
i did it in june last year and i scraped an A..55/80 raw marks..96/120 ums
if i lost one mark i would have a B

i want an A* ... what did you get?

ryan

Ohh I got 58 marks but I want an A* too plus my teachers think this year's grade boundaries are gonna be high. What do you think you'll need for an A*?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 9
Ohh I got 58 marks but I want an A* too plus my teachers think this year's grade boundaries are gonna be high. What do you think you'll need for an A*?

62 or 63 max

what did you get in your C/A's
Original post by ryanb97
62 or 63 max

what did you get in your C/A's

Oooh I expected a bit more, so I need a few marks more! I got 70/80 marks which is an A, 3 marks of an A* but my work's getting moderated so it could possibly, hopefully it goes higher! Good luck with your re-take! How was Lit today?
Reply 11
Oooh I expected a bit more, so I need a few marks more! I got 70/80 marks which is an A, 3 marks of an A* but my work's getting moderated so it could possibly, hopefully it goes higher! Good luck with your re-take! How was Lit today?

not bad.. i think i have an A in that :biggrin: .. we only started it in jan so im happy with that .. but i want an A*

Are you doing lit?
What are you doing next year?
ryan
Original post by ryanb97
not bad.. i think i have an A in that :biggrin: .. we only started it in jan so im happy with that .. but i want an A*

Are you doing lit?
What are you doing next year?
ryan

Ooh what year are you in? Yeah finished Lit wohoooo so happy! Just got this stupid sh*t left. Gonna do A-Levels next year, Bio, Chem, French and Geo (:
hey guys how much points are we supposed to do for questions 1-3, and ryan, how did conflict go.what poems did u compare?
I only scraped a B in the exam but I got 71/80 in Controlled assessment and 44/45 in S&L so on a mid A with our schools fairly accurate predictions, Need to get about 61/62 overall to get my grade up to an A* but it's worth the retake right? I did literature today, was far better than the exam on monday, hated that one!
Our teachers predict it'll be 63 for an A* in the exam by the way! ..But after this june they predict that they could very possibly.. but not definitely go down one or two due to results!
Reply 16
Ooh what year are you in? Yeah finished Lit wohoooo so happy! Just got this stupid sh*t left. Gonna do A-Levels next year, Bio, Chem, French and Geo (:

year 11
im doing M,FM,AFM,Bio,Chem,Physics :biggrin:

Original post by theslowbaker
hey guys how much points are we supposed to do for questions 1-3, and ryan, how did conflict go.what poems did u compare?

i compared the yellow palm to at the border
i had everyone around me give me a weird look when i ripped out the page in the anthology since i couldnt see it properlly ... they copied:biggrin:

hbu?

ryan
lol,

An invigilator looked at me with disgust when i ripped one of the corners of the anthology- i cant imagine how bad it must of been for you.

I compared Yellow Palm with the Out the blue extract.How can you compare yellow palm to at the border-there are no similarities.Are there?
Reply 18
Original post by NinjaPandaa
The irony that english has been spelt wrong

Thanks for making the thread though :smile:

Oh well :egg:
Reply 19
Original post by theslowbaker
lol,

An invigilator looked at me with disgust when i ripped one of the corners of the anthology- i cant imagine how bad it must of been for you.

I compared Yellow Palm with the Out the blue extract.How can you compare yellow palm to at the border-there are no similarities.Are there?

there are ... the question was a re-word of what are the effects of conflict
.. and there are lots in ATB.. it is aput how the brutality of conflict effect all of us.. i compared the image of the girl to the boy that looked at the silver caravan in TYP..and stuff about how it can becoe a daily part of our lives.. plus stuff about sadam hussain.. oh and the fact that ts has effected 2nd/3rd generation of peoples

there were lots of comparisons...

yeah they said at the start of the exam..not to write in the anthologies..if possible since the school reuse them.. my teacher gave me a dirty look after he found out i ripped like a page out... atleast i will be remembered for it :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending