The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Advice needed

Hey guys, I have accepted an unconditional offer to study Hispanic Studies starting in Sept atGU. I have also accepted and paid the deposit for a room in Murano Street as well as applying for SAAS. However, I now will be taking a year out to go abroad. I have AAAAB in 5th year. If I contact them, what would be the chance of changing my offer to a Defered place? Also, I remember reading somewhere that if I pull out of accomodation before 22 august then the deposit is refunded minus a £25 admin fee? Is this true? How do I go about doing this? Does anyone have any experience of (not) getting a deposit refund? Also, as far as SAAS is concerned, do I just have to drop them an email or something? Thank you
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Kerrias
Also, I remember reading somewhere that if I pull out of accomodation before 22 august then the deposit is refunded minus a £25 admin fee? Is this true? How do I go about doing this? Does anyone have any experience of (not) getting a deposit refund?

From what I understood from the terms and conditions of the deposit you don't get a refund unless you cancel the contract within 7 working days, and this applies until the 22nd of August. At first I too thought you could get it refunded before the 22nd any time you like, but unfortunately I don't think it's possible :/
It's better to phone up and ask them to be sure.
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 2
I don't think you can defer your entry after you've accepted the offer. I tried to do that in...2008, I think, and had to reapply instead. However, it most likely depends on how popular the course is. I'd get in touch with the admissions department to make sure.
Reply 3
Original post by stephanie2
From what I understood from the terms and conditions of the deposit you don't get a refund unless you cancel the contract within 7 working days, and this applies until the 22nd of August. At first I too thought you could get it refunded before the 22nd any time you like, but unfortunately I don't think it's possible :/
It's better to phone up and ask them to be sure.

Thanks, I sent them an email and they told me that I do have until 22 August to confirm that I'm cancelling, to get refunded. Which is great news :biggrin:

Original post by mythtakes
I don't think you can defer your entry after you've accepted the offer. I tried to do that in...2008, I think, and had to reapply instead. However, it most likely depends on how popular the course is. I'd get in touch with the admissions department to make sure.

Oh that's poo, but I will get in touch and ask. Having to reapply wouldn't be the end of the world anyway. Thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending