The Student Room Group

"dependants"!

My dad is making me fill out his part on the student finance and I'm really confused!
what is a child dependant?! the help option doesn't help at all!
also, I have a sibling who's not currently in further education and will be in september so which option does she go in?
Original post by Aneela123
My dad is making me fill out his part on the student finance and I'm really confused!
what is a child dependant?! the help option doesn't help at all!
also, I have a sibling who's not currently in further education and will be in september so which option does she go in?

A child dependant is your children. An adult dependant is someone like a parent who you care for etc.

There will be an option for dependents in further and higher education (college or uni) so you put your sibling in that category.
Reply 2
Original post by Knalchemist
A child dependant is your children. An adult dependant is someone like a parent who you care for etc.

There will be an option for dependents in further and higher education (college or uni) so you put your sibling in that category.

I have three other younger siblings, two about to go to secondary school and the other still in primary. Do I put them in?
There's an option for children not in further or higher education but that asks for their "income" when i try to add dependant?
The 'income' bit for child dependents confused me too, my son is 8 months old so no he doesn't have any income. If your sibling will be in further education from september then she wont count as a dependent but the younger ones will.
Reply 4
I've sorted it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending