The Student Room Group

HELP NEEDED in language degrees, whats more useful?

Okay, well basically I study German, Spanish and Psychology at AS, languages are my strong point so I'm definitely going to follow them through (at least one) to university level.
My problem is that I'm not sure which combination will be more useful:

Doing German and Spanish with European Studies and later on doing a major in International Media and Communications

or, going straight into a joint German and International Media and Communications degree

The latter would mean that I would lose a language, but which would potential employers look for, bearing in mind that there are lots of language jobs in that particular field????

Any help/advice would be much appreciated!
Original post by DiaMerill
Okay, well basically I study German, Spanish and Psychology at AS, languages are my strong point so I'm definitely going to follow them through (at least one) to university level.
My problem is that I'm not sure which combination will be more useful:

Doing German and Spanish with European Studies and later on doing a major in International Media and Communications

or, going straight into a joint German and International Media and Communications degree

The latter would mean that I would lose a language, but which would potential employers look for, bearing in mind that there are lots of language jobs in that particular field????

Any help/advice would be much appreciated!

You will have funding issues doing the first point, unless you can afford to fund the second degree yourself.

I, personally, would go with option two as I wouldn't be able to self-fund a degree. You could always do option two, and then once you're working do a degree in Spanish via distance learning etc to widen your opportunities within the career you go in to etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending