The Student Room Group

no offers, resorting to clearing

hi, so i got rejected from all 5 of my uni's and now keep getting rejected through ucas extra. Looks like i'll be going through clearing but i wanted to know if anyone has been in the same situation as me before? are there many places for adult nursing in clearing? and has anyone managed to get a place through clearing before results day?

thanks

p.s. i've just finished my access to nursing course with 21 merits or above, just incase you need to know :smile:
Reply 1
I have no idea about your course or your grades but can't you just keep applying through Extra until you find somewhere? Are you applying through Extra to universities that actually have the course you want listed as available in Extra? Are you applying to universities that you'll realistically have a chance of getting into (taking your grades into consideration?)?
Original post by bunnybull
hi, so i got rejected from all 5 of my uni's and now keep getting rejected through ucas extra. Looks like i'll be going through clearing but i wanted to know if anyone has been in the same situation as me before? are there many places for adult nursing in clearing? and has anyone managed to get a place through clearing before results day?

thanks

p.s. i've just finished my access to nursing course with 21 merits or above, just incase you need to know :smile:

How many distinctions did you get?

I believe, from what I have seen, that even 26 at distinction isn't enough for the majority of universities, as from what I have seen, many are after 30 - 45 at distinction and the rest at a pass.

You need to make sure you actually meet their entry requirements, and to phone the universities to make sure they have spaces available in extra. You can keep adding extra choices one by one up until July 3rd, so you have a whole month yet.

Have you asked the universities that rejected you for feedback? It might be your personal statement wasn't good enough, or your reference isn't good enough or something.
Reply 3

thanks

How did you get rejected by all unis/ That is surprising actually.
There is nothing to stop you phoning 'other' Unis that offer Adult Nursing and asking them if they put Nursing places into Clearing.

Some Unis simply dont put any Nursing places into Clearing as a point of principal - they are wary of 'missed Medicine' etc applicants who are grabbing at anything and who tend not to have thought out the reality of 'nursing' properly.

[PS. Do you know why you got 5 rejections? Have you asked for Feedback? Is it something you can do something about like 'getting more relevant experience'?]

thanks

Are you getting to interview stage? If not, it could be you PS, experience or qualifications.

I would ring up the uni's you are looking at next and just ask them about entry requirements etc. Also, definitely get feedback from the other places so you can focus on the areas letting you down.

Good luck!
Reply 6
I got rejected because of my PS and one uni rejected me because of my reference. There aren't any more uni's i can apply for that are realistic. most of the uni i've looked at ask for 21-24 merits or above so i meet the criteria. Bangor university have had my extra application for over a month now, i've phoned them and they said that it is still under consideration. but i need a back up which is clearing. canterbury christ church still have places in extra (they also rejected me) and so if they still have places come july then they must have places in clearing right? ah this is so stressful!!

p.s. i've only got 6 distinctions
Reply 7
I got rejected because of my PS and one uni rejected me because of my reference. There aren't any more uni's i can apply for that are realistic. most of the uni i've looked at ask for 21-24 merits or above so i meet the criteria. Bangor university have had my extra application for over a month now, i've phoned them and they said that it is still under consideration. but i need a back up which is clearing. canterbury christ church still have places in extra (they also rejected me) and so if they still have places come july then they must have places in clearing right? ah this is so stressful!!

p.s. i've only got 6 distinctions

What was wrong with your reference/personal statement
Reply 8
Apparently i didn't show enough knowledge about the course but bangor wont let me submit a new one. Kingston said my reference was poor and didn't show any important characteristics needed to become a nurse.
Original post by returnmigrant
There is nothing to stop you phoning 'other' Unis that offer Adult Nursing and asking them if they put Nursing places into Clearing.

Some Unis simply dont put any Nursing places into Clearing as a point of principal - they are wary of 'missed Medicine' etc applicants who are grabbing at anything and who tend not to have thought out the reality of 'nursing' properly.

[PS. Do you know why you got 5 rejections? Have you asked for Feedback? Is it something you can do something about like 'getting more relevant experience'?]

Nursing not going into clearing is more to do with the fact that the HEIs have their own reserve lists plus a list of people for the mid year intake who *could* move forward to Septtember ...
Reply 10
Apparently i didn't show enough knowledge about the course but bangor wont let me submit a new one. Kingston said my reference was poor and didn't show any important characteristics needed to become a nurse.

Wow that's harsh.
Hopefully it all works out for you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending