The Student Room Group

Help! UCAS application deadline

I’ve paid and sent my UCAS application on the 30th. I then was expecting a welcome email within the next 2 days to which I still have not received. I was checking constantly on the application and all it said was waiting to submit, which I assumed was UCAS processing my application. I didn’t want to apply again as I was worried that I would be paying twice for my application but now I think that it wasn’t even sent. Is there anything they can do as I really don’t want to go into clearing.
The first thing is to ring UCAS tomorrow to see what has happened. Did you apply through a school and perhaps it hasnt been sent because you hadnt allowed sufficient time for them to complete their part.

Whatever the deadline isnt a strict deadline. It is a time limit after which universities do not have to give you equal consideration. In practice it doesnt mean much for most courses. Very popular courses and universities wont look at your application. However most courses outside the top dozen or so universities will consider your application in the same way they would if received your application on time.

If you happen to have 5 rejections which is unusual you would be able to apply to 1 university at a time through extra. Clearing is a last resort should all else fail.
Original post by swanseajack1
The first thing is to ring UCAS tomorrow to see what has happened. Did you apply through a school and perhaps it hasnt been sent because you hadnt allowed sufficient time for them to complete their part.

Whatever the deadline isnt a strict deadline. It is a time limit after which universities do not have to give you equal consideration. In practice it doesnt mean much for most courses. Very popular courses and universities wont look at your application. However most courses outside the top dozen or so universities will consider your application in the same way they would if received your application on time.

If you happen to have 5 rejections which is unusual you would be able to apply to 1 university at a time through extra. Clearing is a last resort should all else fail.

I am currently on a gap year. I was just fine tuning my application to be the best it can be. I had everything ready all I had to do was submit it. So when I paid the transaction went through my statement and I assumed that my application was sent. I am going to call them tomorrow to see what the next course of action is.
Reply 3
Did you apply through a school or independently?
Original post by McGinger
Did you apply through a school or independently?

I applied independently. I only asked my school for a reference from a teacher.
Original post by historical-infin
I applied independently. I only asked my school for a reference from a teacher.

Did you fill in the name of your referee and their contact details or did you use a buzzword?
Original post by PQ
Did you fill in the name of your referee and their contact details or did you use a buzzword?

Just the name of my teacher I didn’t use buzzword
Just the name of my teacher I didn’t use buzzword

And did the reference section on your application show as completed before you clicked pay and send?
Original post by PQ
And did the reference section on your application show as completed before you clicked pay and send?

Yeah it was. Everything was complete. I then clicked pay and submit and then it went back to the application process which it said ready to submit to which I thought it was then waiting for ucas to review my application to submit it. I didn’t think to click on it again as I thought it was sent as the transaction went through
Yeah it was. Everything was complete. I then clicked pay and submit and then it went back to the application process which it said ready to submit to which I thought it was then waiting for ucas to review my application to submit it. I didn’t think to click on it again as I thought it was sent as the transaction went through

Call UCAS first thing tomorrow.

if it was a glitch at their end then they’ll be able to put it right
Original post by PQ
Call UCAS first thing tomorrow.

if it was a glitch at their end then they’ll be able to put it right

I hope so. But at the same time I’m just another meaningless person to them. They could just very well forget about me and move on. I’m now just really worried as I spent ages trying to get this right so I can do what I want to do…
I appreciate all of the help all of you have given me. I just hope that they can help me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending