The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

University of Bath official representative

Scroll to see replies

Original post by yasw
Hi! I was wondering how likely it is that you would change grade offers based on predicted grades. aka. i'm predicted an A*A*A, and I want to apply for a course that is AAA, would you push up the offer?? I'm really stressing about this because i'm not sure that I can get 2 A*'s!! Thanks :smile:

Hi,

Thanks for your question, and congratulations on your predicted grades!

Don't worry- our typical offer (which can be found in our e-prospectus) is our typical offer, and we will make the same offer to all applicants who receive an offer regardless of their previous grades/predicted grades. So if the typical offer for your chosen course is AAA then you would receive an offer of AAA.Good luck!

Steve
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Original post by Moogle679
Hey,
I have already taken my A-Levels and am looking at re-applying to Bath for Mathematics. I got rejected last year but this was before results and based on my bad predicted grades which I did a lot better than. I got A*AB (Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry) and ended up doing Further in one year which my college does not usually do (I was the only one). I am looking to retake a module from Further Maths and Chemistry to try and get my grades up to A*A*A this year, as well as doing STEP and getting a job. Is it worth re-applying to Bath for their Mathematics course or am I likely to get rejected again? Also as I am taking a gap year would Bath look for extra requirements?
Thank you

Hi,

Thanks for your question.

As you made an application last year I would recommend sending an email to [email protected] with the above details so that the Admissions Officer for Maths can take a look at your previous application and the subjects you will be retaking etc. and advise you accordingly.

Good luck!

Steve
Original post by mathcon
Hi,

I have a question about declaring grades. If I have taken AS exams for Further Maths and Maths, do I then enter them both as pending A-levels and then under each one write the module grade for three modules each? The results were given on my sheet separately for each module and my school won't be certificating or cashing them in as I am continuing both to A2. Therefore, I can't enter them as AS grades.

Hi,

You can enter them as a qualification achieved- you can provide the individual module scores if you wish but this is not necessary as we will look at the overall grade. Most schools will let us know in the reference that they are not cashing in the AS grades, but if we need more info we will contact the school/student.

Good luck!

Steve
Hi :smile:

I'm looking to apply for chemical engineering this year at Bath! I'm predicted A*A*A. I know you may not be able to tell me this but how likely is it that I would be given an offer? Bath is my definite 1st choice uni and I'm really scared of rejection. Also, would it be advantageous to my application if I submit my UCAS form sooner rather than later?

Original post by munchkin1212
Hi :smile:

I'm looking to apply for chemical engineering this year at Bath! I'm predicted A*A*A. I know you may not be able to tell me this but how likely is it that I would be given an offer? Bath is my definite 1st choice uni and I'm really scared of rejection. Also, would it be advantageous to my application if I submit my UCAS form sooner rather than later?

Hi there!

I'm Chris, a second year Computer Science student at Bath. It's great you're considering Bath as one of your choices - I've really enjoyed my time here so far.

I couldn't possibly say purely based on grades how likely it is you'll get an offer, however those predicted grades do seem to meet the minimum required of A*AA including Mathematics and Chemistry with A* in Mathematics or Chemistry (see here - http://www.bath.ac.uk/study/ug/prospectus/subject/chemical-biochemical-engineering/entry-requirements/)

We give equal consideration to all applications received before the UCAS deadline of 15 January.We aim to make decisions before the end of March on all applications received by the 15 January deadline. Should we require any further information or supporting documents in order to process your application then we will contact you by email, so please check that your contact details are correct in Application Tracker.There is no need to contact us to check the progress of your application. As soon as a decision is made it will be visible in UCAS Track.

Hope this helps - if you have any further questions don't hesitate to ask!

Chris
Hi there
I am an oversea applicant from China and I have applied for architecture undergraduate at Bath. I'm just wondering if there's any scholarship for people like me and if so, do I need to register/apply for them?
Thank you for your help in advance!
Original post by czhang1998
Hi there
I am an oversea applicant from China and I have applied for architecture undergraduate at Bath. I'm just wondering if there's any scholarship for people like me and if so, do I need to register/apply for them?
Thank you for your help in advance!

Hi,

I'm Hayden, a second year International Management student here at the University of Bath. There is not yet a finalised list of scholarships for 2017 entry to my knowledge. Feel free to see the list of scholarships for 2016 entry here. Be sure to check back later for more as the list will be updated once the scholarships have been confirmed.

If there is anything else that I can help you with feel free to quote me!

Hayden
Original post by University Of Bath
Hi,

I'm Hayden, a second year International Management student here at the University of Bath. There is not yet a finalised list of scholarships for 2017 entry to my knowledge. Feel free to see the list of scholarships for 2016 entry here. Be sure to check back later for more as the list will be updated once the scholarships have been confirmed.

If there is anything else that I can help you with feel free to quote me!

Hayden

Thanx for the information! I shall keep checking the website for updates :smile:
Hi,

There is certainly nothing to stop you applying and you application will be considered, although do bear in mind that Psychology is one of our most competitive courses.

Unfortunately it is impossible to give a definitive answer as the level of competition varies from year to year and this may impact on whether you receive an offer. You are more than welcome to [email protected] if you would like further guidance.

Re. the entry requirement- there is no need to specify the desired offer- if we make an offer we will make the appropriate offer based on the qualifications studied.

Good luck!

Steve

Hi steve
I'm hoping to go to Bath to do psychology with the placement year, it's asking A*AA or AAA with an A in EPQ. I'm currently doing biology psychology maths and EPQ a levels, but I'm worried I won't get an A in EPQ... do you think I would still be conciderd/ will still be able to get into bath if I get AAA and a B in EPQ??
please respond as I'm very worried about this!
Original post by Chloebreenb
Hi steve
I'm hoping to go to Bath to do psychology with the placement year, it's asking A*AA or AAA with an A in EPQ. I'm currently doing biology psychology maths and EPQ a levels, but I'm worried I won't get an A in EPQ... do you think I would still be conciderd/ will still be able to get into bath if I get AAA and a B in EPQ??
please respond as I'm very worried about this!

Hi Chloe

My name is Chris, a second year Computer Science student at Bath. I would advise you get in touch with the admissions team here at Bath to register your query. This is the best place to try and get your question answered. The team is available through email or telephone:

+44 (0)1225 383019
[email protected]

I hope this helps!

Chris
Reply 670
Hi,

I applied to the 3 year Psychology course as opposed to the 4 year with placement year, however I now want to do a placement year. Would it be possible to secure a placement year while at the uni?
Original post by dankogo
Hi,

I applied to the 3 year Psychology course as opposed to the 4 year with placement year, however I now want to do a placement year. Would it be possible to secure a placement year while at the uni?

Hi,

I'm a second year chemical engineering student at Bath. It should be fairly easy to add a placement year when you're at the university, I know a lot of people who have done so. It is easier if you do it early on, as the course content for the three and four year course will be identical at that stage.

However, I can't be certain what the Psychology department's policy is on this so in the meantime I'd recommend getting in touch with our admissions team at [email protected]/.

Tim
Hi,

I've recently got an offer for the Business Administration course and I was just wondering whether there will be an applicant day that I can attend? :smile:
Original post by Quamquam123
Hi,

I've recently got an offer for the Business Administration course and I was just wondering whether there will be an applicant day that I can attend? :smile:

Hi,

Congratulations! I am a second year International Management student, please feel free to check out my thread here for updates on my life/questions and responses. There will be a number of offer holder days from February to April next year, you will be invited to attend one in the new year. I would strongly recommend attending one if you are able to, as it gives you the opportunity to get a feel for the university.

I hope this helps!
Hayden
Hi,

Congratulations! I am a second year International Management student, please feel free to check out my thread here for updates on my life/questions and responses. There will be a number of offer holder days from February to April next year, you will be invited to attend one in the new year. I would strongly recommend attending one if you are able to, as it gives you the opportunity to get a feel for the university.

I hope this helps!
Hayden

Hi Hayden,

Thank you very much for this and yes, I do plan on visiting one of them. :smile:
Hi all,

My name's Chris, a second year Computer Science student here at Bath.
As we move ever closer to the end of semester 1 I just wanted to remind you that I can answer any questions you might have about Computer Science, Bath or what being a student is like in general.

If you have any application or admissions questions as the January deadline approaches I can do my best to answer. Those that require more specific knowledge would be good to direct to our admissions team instead via:
[email protected] or +44 (0)1225 38 3019.

Hope this helps. Have a great Christmas break.

Chris
Hello
I received my conditional Offer for Msc in Architectural engineering environmental studies around mid November.According to the letter i had to submit my ielts scores to make it unconditional. I got the required ielts scores and submitted it by mail on 22nd december. It already going to be a month and am still waiting for my unconditional Offer letter.

Now my query regarding this is,

How long does it take to change my Conditional offer into an Unconditional offer?

I was hoping the i would receive the letter by now .s i have already said no to other universities that accepted me. Should i be worried?

Suji
Original post by Sujitesh2989
Hello
I received my conditional Offer for Msc in Architectural engineering environmental studies around mid November.According to the letter i had to submit my ielts scores to make it unconditional. I got the required ielts scores and submitted it by mail on 22nd december. It already going to be a month and am still waiting for my unconditional Offer letter.

Now my query regarding this is,

How long does it take to change my Conditional offer into an Unconditional offer?

I was hoping the i would receive the letter by now .s i have already said no to other universities that accepted me. Should i be worried?

Suji

Hi Suji,

Unfortunately all of the representatives on TSR including myself are BSc students, so I am unable to advise you. This page contains the contact details for the Faculty of Engineering Graduate School, I would suggest contacting them if you have any issues with your application.

Good luck,
Hayden
Hi,
Can you tell me what times the applicant visit days run- I want to book a train. Either generally/ specifically for Economics please.

Thanks!
Can you give me any sort of timescale for giving out offers (or rejections gulp!) because I sent out my application for Chemical Engineering back in October and now it has been 3 months, I get waiting until January 15th, but I was wondering roughly as an estimate how much longer I could be looking at waiting for a response.

Quick Reply

Latest