The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Arsey
it is often the case; one good, one nice. Usually, C3 good, C4 horrible mind.

C4 could be an absolute beast

Arsey what do you suggest the grade boundaries are?

Also, could you attach a poll?
Original post by iAhmedd
Definately dropped 29 marks. That tan question completely brought my confidence down making the rest of the paper much harder for me as I lost motivation but taking a second glance at it , it was an okay paper although it was fairly hardertthan the previous June editions of C3 :frown: my spot in university is gone :'(

WOOOOW its funny except for the marks that tan question destroyed me i wasnt the same after that question i couldnt even find the stationary points in one of the questions thats the state i was in the easiest part of c3 exams i couldnt do i dont know how many marks iv lost hopefully i got an A atleast sigh getting 73+ in every paper from jan 07 every solomon every questiin in the book and this happened i really messed up today such a shame i feel like crying and i havent cried for years my beloved dream uni is out of sight now
Original post by MLogan
How the hell was i meant to know cos50 = sin40 :|

Draw a triangle :smile:

I think it's one of the first things that comes up (and is forgotten) on C2

You can see it graphically, use triangles, identities and so on.

In the exam situation though I appreciate many wouldnt like it.
That gf(x) = 16 caused me to lose full UMS -.- This rather annoyed me when seeing how it was done but I got x = 0.4 from a wrong function so I'm hoping I get the method marks at least :smile:
Reply 64
Got 60/61 out of 75. Cant believe I mucked up the last question, there was so much writing that I did not even realise the Velocity equal equation, would have been better for them to simplify it a bit. because of that I didnt do b c or d correctly i ended up using s =d/t -.-
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by MLogan

This is what happens when we get used to the same pattern every year.
Thank you Arsey, actually realised I haven't done as badly as I first thought and I absolutely loved the last question! Hope that it come out alright for me!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MLogan

I used cos(50) = cos(90-40) and expanded this, then the same for the other one :smile:
Reply 68
****, it wont open!! another link?? ohh :frown:(
Original post by Arsey

Finally if you are taking C4, take the time to read through some of my past C4 threads, pre-exam, post exam. There will be some good tips you pick up and you can learn from the errors others made.

can you please link me to where i can find this? thank you !!!
Was a tricky paper, but nothing came up that I wasnt prepared for, apart from the tan one and the velocity one, apart from that I think it went ok!
Original post by yaboy
MAKE 55marks for a 100ums!!!

This sounds good to me!
Original post by masryboy94
i got around 55/75 definitely better than i thought !!

Lol same this paper really killed my confidence in my ability in maths i suck at maths :frown:
After seeing the difficulty of that and the other replacement papers sat do you think C4's going to be similar?
Reply 74
Original post by Arsey
it is often the case; one good, one nice. Usually, C3 good, C4 horrible mind.

C4 could be an absolute beast

Oh ok because I heard the c4 paper were going to do is a replacement paper so it could be beastly. Cheers
Original post by MathsNerd1
I used cos(50) = cos(90-40) and expanded this, then the same for the other one :smile:

Same. I felt like the smartest person alive when I figured it out (after 45 minutes of chanting Ockham's Razor in my head trying to do this question!)
41/75 :frown:
Original post by caroliar
****, it wont open!! another link?? ohh :frown:(

Not working for me either!!!
I only counted 24 marks that I'd gained. Well, ****.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 79
Original post by Wick3d
This is what happens when we get used to the same pattern every year.

Original post by MathsNerd1

It just never clicked to me in the exam :| I just sat there staring, i didn't know where to go on from there!!!

Latest

Trending

Trending