The Student Room Group
BPP University
BPP University

Part-time GDL (Distance learning) September 2013 shedule

Hello everyone!

I haven't found any thread related to distance learning GDL shedule and admission procedure so I'm creating a new one.

I made my application on May 28th 2013 and received an offer on June 4th 2013.
But I'm a little nervous because I haven't heard from BPP since I sent them signed acceptance of a place form and paid the deposit and 1st instalment (June 7th 2013).

Maybe it's too early to worry but... Does anyone know (preferably from experience) when they will send me confirmation of my enrolment, personal login/password to online learning environments (such as bpp.blackboard.com) and studies shedule?

Thanks to all!

p.s. By the way I'd be grateful if someone post here last year (september 2012) examinations dates for distance learning mode of study - I need to plan my visits to London and agree them with my employer.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
Hi,

I have just completed the GDL at BPP and don't worry, you get all of your registration information (blackboard log in and pre-reading) in August. On registration (September) you will get your complete schedule for the year, including examination dates. I did the GDL full time so I am not sure what your exact exam dates will be. But the assessments up until February (when the EU Law exam is) can be done online and therefore you won't be required to go to London.

Long story short....you'll get all the info in august/September so hopefully that'll give plenty of time to arrange time off
BPP University
BPP University
Reply 2
Thank you.

I called them last week and they told me the same.
Good. Now I can plan my winter ski holidays )))
Reply 3
Hi Hi,

Thank you for creating this thread. I'm pretty much in similar shoes. Are you going to be taking the 2 year part time programme?

Original post by blonde17
Thank you.

I called them last week and they told me the same.
Good. Now I can plan my winter ski holidays )))
Reply 4
To Mz Kach: exactly! 2 years course starting from September 21, 2013.
Reply 5
To Mz Kach: by the way, have you received e-mail regarding the process of ordering study materials (books etc.)?
Reply 6
Hi Blonde 17. I have received an email containing username and passwords to access the BPP Blackboard/VLE. But I have not received anything else. I'm also still hoping to get a proper timetable and so I know the dates of exams. Guess we just have to wait.
Reply 7
Original post by blonde17
To Mz Kach: by the way, have you received e-mail regarding the process of ordering study materials (books etc.)?

heyyyy,

May I know how can I buy the GDL learning materials? I heard there are 7 core books and cases materials written. Could you please give some advice about that? many thanks.
Reply 8
Original post by helen1010
heyyyy,

May I know how can I buy the GDL learning materials? I heard there are 7 core books and cases materials written. Could you please give some advice about that? many thanks.

The books are included to the course fee, you should not pay for them separately!
Reply 9
Original post by helen1010
heyyyy,

For each of 7 core modules (tort, contract, constitutional, criminal, land, EU, equity & trust) there are: study notes, textbook, cases & materials. There is also a statute book (one for all modules). You can find a link on BPP homepage 'buy study materials'.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending