The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

IB Results Conditional Offer Failed Marginally

Hello to all of those reading this post. I received a conditional offer (firm) from the University of Warwick for Economics which required the following: 38 points overall; 6 in Mathematics HL, and; 5 in English A: Language and Literature SL.

I received the results two days ago, and they were bittersweet. I received 39 points overall and 7 in English A: Language and Literature; however, I obtained a 5 in Mathematics HL.

What happens now?

Will I be able to get in? Will I need to contact them and explain my situation? Although most universities in the UK do not accept SAT Subject Tests, is it relevant to explain to the University of Warwick that I got the maximum score of 800 in the SAT Subject Test of Mathematics Level II?

How do I proceed?

Thank you for your time and effort!
Reply 1
I think it would be a good idea to contact the department recruitment team directly to explain any possible reasons and demonstrate your maths capability through SAT. At least it is worth a try :smile:

The entry level for maths course is usually quite high. so best of luck!
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Thank you very much for your help!

I received an email from the University of Warwick confirming a place for me to study Economics! Also, after an "inquiry upon results", my IB overall score increased from 39 to 40 (after an increase in Environmental Systems and Societies at standard level from 6 to 7). I forwarded the IB's email about this topic to the University of Warwick, just for a final clarification of my IB results.

Quick Reply

Latest