The Student Room Group

Has anyone got anthing yet for uni?

Scroll to see replies

I've already got a Fridge for my room and a few essential too, aiming to spend around £300-£400 to make sure I've got everything sorted for university.
Reply 41
I have a friend who spent near £800 for all her uni stuff for her accommodation, and she dropped out after 4 weeks and never used the stuff again! So I'm spending as little as possible :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've made an uncertain list of things.
Reply 43
I've bought a duvet and some cutlery so far. I mean, I just need to eat and sleep, right?
Original post by Joshalos
I've bought a duvet and some cutlery so far. I mean, I just need to eat and sleep, right?

When I really started to think about it I realised there's so much stuff I need that I hadn't thought of, not looking forward to shopping for uni. It's just generic things you might not have thought of like towels, cheese grater a chopping board, pans etc Though granted you could probably nab a few from home :biggrin:
A few textbooks that I got from family friends who are already in medicine :smile:
Original post by Muppet Science
A few textbooks that I got from family friends who are already in medicine :smile:

ooft I'm so jealous you're going to do medicine! Good luck anyway :smile:
I've gathered some crockery and bedding from when things have been replaced in my house so kept them for uni instead of getting rid and when I've seen things really cheap, keep remembering things I'll need but not entirely sure what I will actually be using?:/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 48
Not started shopping yet. I plan to do mine around early/mid August. I'm also using http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/What_to_take_to_university#Academic as a checklist to ensure that I bring all the stuff that I'll be needing.
So far I have bought some Moleskine notebooks. I will buy most of the things that I require (clothes, toiletries etc..) when I go to America :smile:
Reply 50
I have bought a laundry basket, a chopping board, knives, cutlery, a wooden spoon and a poster. I will buy some more stuff after results day. But I printed off some pictures of me and my friends which I want to create a collage for my room with :biggrin:
Original post by Sanna
I have bought a laundry basket, a chopping board, knives, cutlery, a wooden spoon and a poster. I will buy some more stuff after results day. But I printed off some pictures of me and my friends which I want to create a collage for my room with :biggrin:

Remember that some of this may be provided in your kitchen and/or other people will also have stuff.

PS. Where are you going to keep a laundry basket? Most Halls rooms are only big enough for a bed and a desk - literally.
Reply 52
hey,

since my interview in feb for Midwifery i have bought placement shoes/bag and two uni bags.
i have a suitcase packed with has all my toiletries which i have 'borrowed' from my mums shopping every week lol
i have got a large wall academic calender off amazon and all my stationary.

i also made a list of every thing i will need so i think the only things i need to buy is food and bedding/kitchen stuff when i move over to uni. would be silly to get it now as i am moving from ireland to england. But i have money saved away for it.
Reply 53
Original post by returnmigrant
Remember that some of this may be provided in your kitchen and/or other people will also have stuff.

PS. Where are you going to keep a laundry basket? Most Halls rooms are only big enough for a bed and a desk - literally.

These things might be provided by the Uni but really I would like to own my own cutlery and stuff, I'm somehow fussy about that.
And about the laundry basket, it's a very small one which you can fold together and hide somewhere from ikea

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've been doing it over the past year, I nearly have everything :smile:
Reply 55
Original post by Abblecrumble
My Mum has been buying a couple of extra things for me everytime we do the weekly shop (and so has my grandma). We already has 3 full cardboard boxes! My Mum gets worried - she thinks we'll starve! I'm going to uni with my twin sister though, so we do need two of everything.

My twin sister and I are going to different unis and even though we haven't really started getting anything I do feel a bit bad about how much money is going to be spent. So far I've just got a couple of bags but I'm really waiting till results day just incase.
(edited 10 years ago)
Guys, can you help me? I'm gonna start uni this September but I don't know what I should buy and where as I come from Italy! :/ can you please tell me what have I to buy? In Italy there isn't the "tradition" of moving out and living in halls. Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 57
Original post by 14thoctober
Guys, can you help me? I'm gonna start uni this September but I don't know what I should buy and where as I come from Italy! :/ can you please tell me what have I to buy? In Italy there isn't the "tradition" of moving out and living in halls. Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

This should help: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/What_to_take_to_university#Academic

Thank you! Where should I buy cutlery, stationery, bedding ect? I'm moving to London and John Lewis is the only shop I know and is a little bit expensive for me!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 14thoctober
Thank you! Where should I buy cutlery, stationery, bedding ect? I'm moving to London and John Lewis is the only shop I know and is a little bit expensive for me!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ikea! That's where I'm going:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending