The Student Room Group

What do you think the UK will be like in 50 years time??

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SkinnyKat
Well, that's one type of immigration I'm against :nooo:

But I do like dem kangaroos.

They sell kangaroo steak at Lidl now. :lolwut:
Original post by 42meaningoflife
By that time Apple will have bought several countries and established itself as the new global superpower. The rest of the world will be firmly under Apple's control as the threat that people's iPhones start sarcastically answering back is enough to quell any sortof rebellion. On the bright side, the dystopian nightmare won't be noticed as live football will be streamed directly into people's brains during all designated leisure times.

It will either be Apple or Google that rules the world.:biggrin:
Original post by SkinnyKat
Well, that's one type of immigration I'm against :nooo:

But I do like dem kangaroos.

they're nice if there's a few inches of glass in the way
Original post by freedomtocreate
And don't forget about Koala's, they are from Australia too

:yes:

Four legs good; six legs bad.
Original post by SnoochToTheBooch
they're nice if there's a few inches of glass in the way

I love how we are supposed to be talking about Politics and instead we are talking about Kangaroos.
Can they really box or is that just on tv?
Original post by Hellz_Bellz!
They sell kangaroo steak at Lidl now. :lolwut:

Wonder what it tastes like :eek:

On a more relevant note, there will be more global food on sale. Like kangaroo steaks :colone:
It will either be Apple or Google that rules the world.:biggrin:

Hmmm, Apple has greater resources, a clearer company aesthetic and a better understanding of usability; but Google has our Internet histories...
The most popular food will be the nutritional Soylent Green, served by force in lunchrooms after all other foods are banned in schools.

Wake-up. It's coming people.

*jumps out of ground floor window*
Reply 28
Have you ever read 1984?

Oh come on, there would be a revolution before the UK ever reached a state close to that totalitarian dystopia. It's just wild hyperbole. :rolleyes:
Original post by 42meaningoflife
Hmmm, Apple has greater resources, a clearer company aesthetic and a better understanding of usability; but Google has our Internet histories...

Hahah, enough said with Google. Maybe they will merge together to form our worst nightmare :biggrin: God I feel this is pokemon.
Original post by Xotol
Oh come on, there would be a revolution before the UK ever reached a state close to that totalitarian dystopia. It's just wild hyperbole. :rolleyes:

More than likely.
I love how we are supposed to be talking about Politics and instead we are talking about Kangaroos.
Can they really box or is that just on tv?

I think I've seen a clip where one was wearing boxing gloves and beating hell out of some man in a boxing ring. I do know that they can gut you with one swipe with their feet though, their foot claws can slash you open.
Original post by SnoochToTheBooch
I think I've seen a clip where one was wearing boxing gloves and beating hell out of some man in a boxing ring. I do know that they can gut you with one swipe with their feet though, their foot claws can slash you open.

Okay then I decided I don't want a pet kangaroo, I don't want to get beat up. :colondollar:
Original post by meenu89
A Tory free zone :frown:

I love your pessimistic posts about the future of the Conservative Party
Less liberty in the name of 'security.' Our civil liberties will continue to be curbed and our private lives will be invaded. I hope I'm wrong but we're going down a slippery slope.
Okay then I decided I don't want a pet kangaroo, I don't want to get beat up. :colondollar:

they're hard, they can survive in australia ffs
Original post by Superunknown17
Less liberty in the name of 'security.' Our civil liberties will continue to be curbed and our private lives will be invaded. I hope I'm wrong but we're going down a slippery slope.

Did you know that the average person in the UK is caught on camera 300 times a day? I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing, I mean I can see both sides. It stops the increase of crime and police has evidence to prosecute them. But shouldn't we have the right to say that we don't want to be filmed on CCTV?

Don't forget we are sold for our body parts, they do that now with blood. There was something about it in the news a few days ago.
Link: UK blood company sold to US firm
[h="1"]
Original post by thebiggy
the wild card is always technology so its impossible to predict the future. but, if you look at history, its pretty hard to see britain escaping from the ethnic and religious conflict which blights much of the rest of the world.

i am immigrant stock myself and unfortunately the british people have no clue about the troubles 'diversity' brings to a nation. they have known peace for far too long and their memories are short. they have magical thinking on the issue of 'diversity' somehow thinking it makes them stronger. ( my friends and family fled ethnic war zones )

you keep on saying diversity breeds trouble but so does homogeneity. Diversity or homogeneity does not make you inherently stronger or weaker there are many other factors. It depends how different groups interact and the context.The strongest nations on earth have had to have diversity in some way.

You being an immigrant does not in some way make you right or wrong and adds nothing to your contribution given that there are other immigrants who will disagree with your view.
No one knows how UK will be in 50 years there is no point speculating.
Did you know that the average person in the UK is caught on camera 300 times a day? I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing, I mean I can see both sides. It stops the increase of crime and police has evidence to prosecute them. But shouldn't we have the right to say that we don't want to be filmed on CCTV?

Don't forget we are sold for our body parts, they do that now with blood. There was something about it in the news a few days ago.
Link: UK blood company sold to US firm
[h="1"]

^

That's the reason I was worried about presumed consent here in Wales. Imagine if parts of organ donation get privatised.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending