The Student Room Group

Best way for cheap nights out?

Basically my birthday was 2 weeks ago, and I feel like I've pissed away £250 on alcohol. Pretty annoyed with myself to be honest.

What's the best drinks to buy to get drunk cheap?
In clubs, the cheapest drink for getting drunk will always be vodka.

For pre-drinks, you can buy 10 250ml bottles of beer for £3.55 from Tesco. They're called Biere D'or and it works out as 80p per pint.
Reply 2
Just pre drink as much as you possibly can, within reason. Own brand supermarket vodka is pretty cheap and gets the job done (wouldn't drink it neat though as it's disgusting). Can get a bottle of vodka and a 2 litre bottle of coke for about £13, and that's enough to get drunk off for about 2 nights. Saves on the amount of drinks you need to buy when you're out.
Reply 3
efficient predrinks. drink a bottle of cheap vodka before you go out and you can go most of the night without buying another drink
Reply 4
Join discount sites such as studentbeans.com, they always have loads discount codes for everything you can think of, great for a night out or for a discount on your food shopping!
Original post by Miracle Day
Basically my birthday was 2 weeks ago, and I feel like I've pissed away £250 on alcohol. Pretty annoyed with myself to be honest.

Alongside my moonshine dopamine stimulants you could party with £250 for the entire week, providing that you wouldn't fund anyone else.
Original post by Miracle Day

Invest in a hip flask. Thank me later.
Reply 7
Well it does help if you are a bit of a lightweight like me haha I've actually come home from a night out with more money than when I left, amazing when counting my purse the next day ha (do not know how it happened...perhaps I should of checked my bank statement!!)

I can't stress enough doing predrinks. I normally get a bottle of vodka and mix with lemonade. I make sure I am very tipsy before I go out (but still in control) then just keep my alcohol levels topped up..normally I only have to buy one drink and some shots.
But I dont normally go into town till 10.30/11 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
As the others are saying pre-drink with vodka/beer until tipsy and then buy drinks when you're out :biggrin:
Reply 9
I found the other day at a b&m store (okay you have to be pretty lightweight for this..) bottles of VS so like knock off WKD for £1.69, the 70cl bottles which is a hell of alot better than the £3 a bottle in tesco!! so yeah have a look in stores along the same lines, stuff wont taste as good but if youre only wanting to get drunk then it doesnt really make much of a difference! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending