The Student Room Group

Is having a velcro wallet childish?

I know this is extremely boring, and not to mention, pretty petty, but today somebody made a comment about velcro wallets and stated that they're for kids. Anyone's thoughts?
Reply 1
It's easier than a button. The only reason I'd change mine is because the velco is starting to come off. I've had it for ten years though.
Reply 2
Very much so. If it's not made out of the skin stripped from slaughtered cattle then it clearly doesn't have much money in it and therefore won't impress or intrigue any women.
No, velcro's not really childish. I can't think of what else you'd use besides a button or string either, and velcro's more reliable than a button, which can break off! I think they may generally be referring more to the design of the said wallet rather than its material.

It's just a wallet anyway - if you're not dressing or accessorising to impress, who cares what your possessions look like?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
I used to love my old pink velcro wallet... although, the compartments weren't as useful as modern day wallets, but the material was light and floppy and flexible :biggrin:
Reply 5
I wouldn't say they're for kids only, but I'll admit to barely seeing any adults using them, apart from scout leaders I work with, but they're pretty practical people.

My wallet is leather but doesn't have velcro/zip/button etc, I just don't hold coins in it.

Sounds like whoever said it is just a bit uppity about their wallets tbh.
Reply 6
Not childish at all. I just really hate the sound of velcro so I wouldn't have one purely due to that :lol:
Not at all, Having your name in your clothes? Maybe.
Reply 8
Who cares? If its practical and you like it then use it

Quick Reply

Latest