The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 747-400
Haha, I'm glad! And Happy Birthday for two months time!!!!! :birthday:

I think it's too early for that :tongue: but thanks :u:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 81
Original post by 747-400
Yes we are! :five: Same! I used to hate it until probably the end of secondary school/start of sixth form, now I wouldn't change it!

:five:

I'm at uni now, so at sixth form I was made fun of for it/all my friends were shorter bar a few, so I tried slumping or changing my posture to 'fit in' so to speak. I also thought I wouldn't stop growing and end up a freak or something (since guys don't stop until roughly 25).

Now though, I haven't really grown since the last year of sixth form, and I wouldn't change it also! :tongue:
Reply 82
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
I think it's too early for that :tongue: but thanks :u:

Never too early for a birthday celebration!
Reply 83
Original post by Danz123
:five:

I'm at uni now, so at sixth form I was made fun of for it/all my friends were shorter bar a few, so I tried slumping or changing my posture to 'fit in' so to speak. I also thought I wouldn't stop growing and end up a freak or something (since guys don't stop until roughly 25).

Now though, I haven't really grown since the last year of sixth form, and I wouldn't change it also! :tongue:

Aw glad you've learnt to love it, especially at Uni! Only thing I'm dreading about starting Uni (if I get in!) and being tall, is if I ever fall down the lecture theatre stairs, especially if I'm late, I'll be harder to hide since I'm practically a giraffe...
yes that doesn't even seem that tall to me, im 6"1
Since when does height matter? There are a lot more important factors to consider; like personality, or having a brain for instance.
Reply 86
Original post by ForgetMe
What the hell? :lolwut: Are you on drugs or what? :hmmm:

Not anymore my friend.

I gave that **** up months ago.
Reply 87
Original post by 747-400
Aw glad you've learnt to love it, especially at Uni! Only thing I'm dreading about starting Uni (if I get in!) and being tall, is if I ever fall down the lecture theatre stairs, especially if I'm late, I'll be harder to hide since I'm practically a giraffe...

Thank you! :colondollar: It's made life a lot easier now that I don't berate myself.

LOL you won't fall down the stairs. I think it's harder TO fall down the stairs than not to at most lecture halls.

Don't say that! You're not a Giraffe, and you'll find many people (like me) will love you're height. :hugs:
Original post by 747-400
Never too early for a birthday celebration!

Sure thing and for my birthday I'd like to be an inch taller :ahee:
Reply 89
Original post by Danz123
Thank you! :colondollar: It's made life a lot easier now that I don't berate myself.

LOL you won't fall down the stairs. I think it's harder TO fall down the stairs than not to at most lecture halls.

Don't say that! You're not a Giraffe, and you'll find many people (like me) will love you're height. :hugs:

Exactly! I don't know about you, but I just thought, well I can't exactly hide it, so may as well embrace it (as cliché as that sounds...)!
Haha, knowing me I'll just fall up them :colondollar:
Aw bless you, thank you :jumphug:
Reply 90
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
Sure thing and for my birthday I'd like to be an inch taller :ahee:

I'm hesitant to say I would like to be an inch taller too. Think I've done my bit when it comes to growing, but I hope all your wishes in the height department come true haha
Reply 91
Original post by 747-400
Exactly! I don't know about you, but I just thought, well I can't exactly hide it, so may as well embrace it (as cliché as that sounds...)!
Haha, knowing me I'll just fall up them :colondollar:
Aw bless you, thank you :jumphug:

That's true, but I still think 6'1 is a bloody sexy height for girls. :colondollar: I mean 6'3 is cool and all, but tall guys aren't really a big deal since we're more common. :tongue:

:rofl: you know what you've reminded me of? There was one episode on Little Britain where Lou and Andy (Matt Lucas in the wheelchair going 'I want that one') and David Walliams wheeling him around. David leaves Matt, he gets up and climbs a tree, David comes back and asks 'How did you get up there?'

Matt: I fell... :rofl:

No worries: :jumphug: What uni are you hoping to study at if you mind my asking?
Reply 92
Original post by SamW78
Not anymore my friend.

I gave that **** up months ago.

I am not your friend :unimpressed:
Original post by 747-400
I'm hesitant to say I would like to be an inch taller too. Think I've done my bit when it comes to growing, but I hope all your wishes in the height department come true haha

But you're already 6ft1, what more could you possibly want? :lol:
Reply 94
Original post by Danz123
That's true, but I still think 6'1 is a bloody sexy height for girls. :colondollar: I mean 6'3 is cool and all, but tall guys aren't really a big deal since we're more common. :tongue:

:rofl: you know what you've reminded me of? There was one episode on Little Britain where Lou and Andy (Matt Lucas in the wheelchair going 'I want that one') and David Walliams wheeling him around. David leaves Matt, he gets up and climbs a tree, David comes back and asks 'How did you get up there?'

Matt: I fell... :rofl:

No worries: :jumphug: What uni are you hoping to study at if you mind my asking?

I know but more girls are after tall guys than the other way round which makes you a rare species sadly :cry2: More competition between the girls!

I know exactly which episode you mean!!! Adore Little Britain, and Come Fly With Me, so funny!! I love Matt Lucas and David Walliams, I met David earlier this year, he's tall too!! Definitely a correlation between awesome people and their height.. :colondollar:

And University of Sheffield to do International Business Management with Study Abroad so find out on Thursday if I've got in, scary stuff! Where are you at?
Yes.
Reply 96
Original post by ForgetMe
I am not your friend :unimpressed:

Did I hit a nerve with the Mamma Mia thing?

I was holding back, I didn't even mention the anally retentative comment in reply to the adam's apple thing.
Reply 97
Original post by SamW78
Did I hit a nerve with the Mamma Mia thing?

I was holding back, I didn't even mention the anally retentative comment in reply to the adam's apple thing.

What Mamma Mia has to do with this? :lolwut:
Reply 98
Original post by 747-400
I know but more girls are after tall guys than the other way round which makes you a rare species sadly :cry2: More competition between the girls!

I know exactly which episode you mean!!! Adore Little Britain, and Come Fly With Me, so funny!! I love Matt Lucas and David Walliams, I met David earlier this year, he's tall too!! Definitely a correlation between awesome people and their height.. :colondollar:

And University of Sheffield to do International Business Management with Study Abroad so find out on Thursday if I've got in, scary stuff! Where are you at?

Really? Well I know girls SAY they like taller guys, but really most are almost intimidated by my height. Instead of saying 'ooooo you're tall with a sort of 'I-like-that tone' they say it in shock-horror, 'wow you're ****ing tall!' What I'm saying is, very few girls have ever liked me; :cry: (and none do now) so don't worry no competition. :tongue:

The shows amazing! My favourite character is Vicky Pollard. I used to watch the show a lot more when I was younger. Ah, the golden age :moon: Also, you MET David Walliams!?!? Wow, that's pretty cool. I've only ever encountered a disgruntled Hugh Dennis striding past me at Islington station, making me do a double take. lol Oh, and definitely a correlation, you're completely right. :colondollar:

Ah, sounds interesting. *pulls down half-moon spectacles* I'm at Durham studying philosophy! I'm sure you'll get in, or at least I very much hope you do. :jumphug:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 99
Original post by Danz123
Really? Well I know girls SAY they like taller guys, but really most are almost intimidated by my height. Instead of saying 'ooooo you're tall with a sort of 'I-like-that tone' they say it in shock-horror, 'wow you're ****ing tall!' What I'm saying is, very few girls have ever liked me; :cry: (and none do now) so don't worry no competition. :tongue:

The shows amazing! My favourite character is Vicky Pollard. I used to watch the show a lot more when I was younger. Ah, the golden age :moon: Also, you MET David Walliams!?!? Wow, that's pretty cool. I've only ever encountered a disgruntled Hugh Dennis striding past me at Islington station, making me do a double take. lol Oh, and definitely a correlation, you're completely right. :colondollar:

Ah, sounds interesting. *pulls down half-moon spectacles* I'm at Durham studying philosophy! I'm sure you'll get in, or at least I very much hope you do. :jumphug:

Well more fool them! :facepalm: And at least that means more for the people who will actually appreciate people like yourself and your amazing height! :innocent:

Yeah-but-no-but-yeah-but! Think mine has to be Bubbles! 'Call me Bubbles darling, everyboooody does' Yeah, met him outside Britain's Got Talent auditions (I wasn't auditioning by the way!) got a photo with him but my camera went funny so it's not that good, typical! :mad:

Get you! Tall and clever, anything else you want to add to your list?! Bless you thank you, hope I do too! :daydreaming:

Latest

Trending

Trending