The Student Room Group

The German Football Thread

Scroll to see replies

A long, long time since Hamburg were one of Europe's elite and prised Keegan away from Liverpool. Always a shame to see great clubs in disarray...like when Deportivo got relegated from La Liga, or Parma from Serie A this year.
What channel is the final on?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can I just say...Hummels is ****ing ****? Emperor's new clothes or what? Naldo was the best defender on the pitch tonight - and that's a damning indictment.

Unlucky, Klopp and Dortmund. Wolfsburg deserve silverware after the year they've had, though.
HSV-Karlsruhe going to extra time in this promotion/relegation play off. Great finish to the game.
(edited 8 years ago)
HSV just will not go down! Penalty save in the last minute. They live to fight another season.
The decision to give the free-kick for Hamburg was a disgrace, and is the reason Karlsruhe are not going up, ridiculous!
Hamburg is saved again! just incredible. I sum the season from the view of Hamburg up:

They have had scored the least goals in this season, they have played the whole season as a team of the 2.Bundesliga anyway, they have won against a team at the last match day which has stopped to play football before the kick-off (shame on Schalke 04!) to come to the relegation spot, they were favored by the fortune when Karlsruhe has hit the bar twice in ten seconds, they equalized to 1-1 by accident in the first leg, and - last but not least - they equalized to 1-1 in the injury time by a free kick which was controversial.

A football club which has the god, fortuna, so much luck - plus the referee - on its side will never! never!! NEVER!!! come down in the 2.Bundesliga, although it is deserved for four years at least!!!
Wolfsburg were absolutely supreme against Dortmund, by the way. Great performance from de Bruyne - one of many from him this season - and it's just a shame they couldn't make it to the Europa League final after such a solid season.

Klopp will take a sabbatical. Fair play to him. Seven years at Mainz and seven at Dortmund without a break. He deserves one now, you imagine. Best of luck to Tuchel.
Original post by lankyryan
The decision to give the free-kick for Hamburg was a disgrace, and is the reason Karlsruhe are not going up, ridiculous!

Yeah, but Karlsruhe was too passive in playing football, even for a team like Hamburg, the free kick was just the consequence. Very, very lucky I know, but that is the damn game of football! I guess if Karlsruhe were more active in the first half, Hamburg would have played in 2.Bundesliga right now.
Poor Karlsruhe. The relegation play-off is such a terrible system.
Not liking this hate for Hamburg I must say! They've been poor all season, but Bruno is definitely the man for the Dinosaurs! He must use this transfer period to bring in the best players he can, and lose the guys who aren't good enough (not a fan of Lassogga) because two consecutive relegation battles is not the one! Van der Vaart leaving will create a huge void.

It has been an amazing Bundesliga season, particularly for my first as an observer. Dortmund on the bottom, Augsburg in the Europe spot, the last day could not have had better fixtures. I hope next season is as enjoyable, and that Hamburg can finish in the top half. Niemals 2.Liga! Niemals!
Original post by CrazyTracey
Not liking this hate for Hamburg I must say!

Everybody loves the underdog, though, and Hamburg have offered so little for so long in the Bundesliga.
1860 Munich still level with Kiel going into the end of their tie. Really hope they can stay up, had a good time watching them at the Allianz last year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Midlander
1860 Munich still level with Kiel going into the end of their tie. Really hope they can stay up, had a good time watching them at the Allianz last year.

Quit it! before the 1-1 Munich was harmless, and the equalizer was a coincidence. Kiel was the better team in total, but has to be play another season in 3.Bundesliga...

That is so unfair! whenever David is playing against the Goliath in relegation, David is aaalmost the loser! no matter how good David in playing football is...
Wouldn't be surprised if Schalke are raided this summer, given their poor league performance and lack of identity under di Matteo. Draxler is clearly the lynchpin, but plenty of other players in the squad are worthy of a move elsewhere I'd suggest.
Original post by Kallisto
Quit it! before the 1-1 Munich was harmless, and the equalizer was a coincidence. Kiel was the better team in total, but has to be play another season in 3.Bundesliga...

That is so unfair! whenever David is playing against the Goliath in relegation, David is aaalmost the loser! no matter how good David in playing football is...

There's always next year, for both teams.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Midlander
There's always next year, for both teams.

Leck mich!

I am afraid that was a unique chance for Kiel to go up. Without the comeback of relegation many years ago some teams of higher leagues would play in lower ones by now. With good reason! just think about Hamburg in the last two seasons...
Galatasaray and New York Red Bulls both in for Kevin Prince Boateng following his Schalke suspension. It'll be interesting to see where he and Sidney Sam end up. Dreadful season for Schalke, you've got to say.
I'm a Schalke fan, actually excited for next season. A good manager, not burdened by Heldt could actually do well with an undoubtabley talented squad. Meyer, Draxler and Goretzka could be hugely important to Schalke in the future. Fharmann seems an ideal replacemant for Neuer when he leaves the national team, and if a good partner is found for Howedes, Schalke could do really well.
Buutttttttt Horst Heldt won't let that happen
Fuchs signed on a free by Leicester City. 22 games for Schalke last season. Not a bad signing by any stretch of the imagination for Pearson, and you'd imagine he will prove to be quite the upgrade on Konchesky.

Quick Reply

Latest