The Student Room Group

Are pickup artists truly "alpha"?

How do you personally define an "alpha" guy? (or girl I suppose)

-Someone who lifts and is really strong?
-Someone who sleeps/has slept with a lot of women/guys?
-Someone in a committed relationship with an incredible girlfriend/wife?
-Someone so cool in his own right he doesn't even need to sleep with/date a girl?
-Someone who earns a lot of money?
-Someone who's tall?
-Someone who's very conventionally attractive?
-Someone with a deep voice?
-Someone who is extremely intelligent?
-Someone with great social skills?
-Someone with a hairy chest?
-Someone with an 8 inch long pecker (suggested by ilem :tongue:)?

I was getting into an argument with a friend (not totally srsly) about whether pickup artists are "alpha". He argued that they were as a lot of them sleep with a lot of women - but surely that alone can't make you "alpha"?

For example, lots of PUAs aren't particularly attractive as if you are already an attractive person you don't really need PUA "tricks" to get laid, and I don't think being ridiculously obsessed about sex is all that alpha as it means you let other people's willingness to sleep with you define your worth.

Thoughts? :tongue:

Edit: thread not totally srs

lawl negged by betas

come at me bros
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You forgot the most important quality, an 8 inch long pecker.
You need a mane and a loud roar.

Completely ludicrous concept.
Reply 3
Original post by ilem
You forgot the most important quality, an 8 inch long pecker.

Edited.

How are people supposed to know though? (unless you're sleeping with them) :wink:
Reply 4
Original post by Jangrafess
You need a mane and a loud roar.

Completely ludicrous concept.

I included being attractive (which presumably includes nice hair) and a deep voice :smile:
Reply 5
Alpha guys don't label themselves as alpha.
Reply 6
Original post by Sloaney Pony
Edited.

How are people supposed to know though? (unless you're sleeping with them) :wink:

Depends on what they're wearing, if they're a shower or grower and, of course, if they're hard. To be honest it's not uncommon for showers to try to hide it because it can be embarrassing when people think they're hard and they're just not. As you alluded to, there's no real surefire way of knowing without being naked or at least touching it.
Reply 7
Original post by alexs2602
Depends on what they're wearing, if they're a shower or grower and, of course, if they're hard. To be honest it's not uncommon for showers to try to hide it because it can be embarrassing when people think they're hard and they're just not. As you alluded to, there's no real surefire way of knowing without being naked or at least touching it.

Then how are other guys meant to know :teehee:
Reply 8
Then how are other guys meant to know :teehee:

Supposed to know if they're "alpha"? It's not really considered something other guys want to know really. There's a reason why there's so much etiquette surrounding using urinals.
Reply 9
Original post by Mr Porter
Alpha guys don't label themselves as alpha.

They still establish dominance tho
If your bedroom smells of another man's piss then he is alpha. That's just nature folks.
Apparently you're only alpha if you hang a huge sign above your head declaring it, thereby scaring everyone else back into their caves and mating with the prime female of your choice.
Everybody please note that this person is a troll. Saw her talking about how much she hates this term in another thread yesterday.
They still establish dominance tho

Yeah totally, like when they go hunting in packs and bring back to the den a nice bloody deer carcass--

Wait, how do I leave the Discovery Channel again? :colonhash:
This whole alpha beta stuff is just bull****. You can't categorise people into two types, all guys have aspects of both.
Im gonna be honest. Pickup artists typically sleep with the same amount of women as people seeking out their services.
They aren't alpha at all.

I suggest you go watch the show "Alphas", it probably has real alphas on there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Original post by Asterisk49
Im gonna be honest. Pickup artists typically sleep with the same amount of women as people seeking out their services.

They aren't alpha at all.

I suggest you go watch the show "Alphas", it probably has real alphas on there.
Posted from TSR Mobile

So all that studying and "theory" doesn't actually improve their chances? :beard:

I always thought guys would gain far more attention by lifting and taking care of their appearance/improving their social life and actual worth then PUA stuff.
Reply 17
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
This whole alpha beta stuff is just bull****. You can't categorise people into two types, all guys have aspects of both.

Spoken like a true omega.

Spoiler

Spoken like a true omega.

Spoiler

Nah I'm more of a delta.
Do puas actually even exist in real life? Like seriously people actually do that ****? I've seen you tube videos and they all come across as mega creeps and the girls whose numbers they get seem to be giving them to the guys out of politeness /fear!
Reply 19
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
Nah I'm more of a delta.

Do puas actually even exist in real life? Like seriously people actually do that ****? I've seen you tube videos and they all come across as mega creeps and the girls whose numbers they get seem to be giving them to the guys out of politeness /fear!

Yeah, they do. I can't stand them, ugh :puke:

Read "The Game," it's a good intro to the type of "tactics" these guys use though a bit of a depressing insight. I've had guys try them on me in clubs before and they literally wouldn't leave me alone (grabbing my hands continually and just showing no knowledge of basic social skills) till I shoved them away quite roughly. In my experience, they're really, really weird. So tempted to punch them but I didn't want to get in trouble with the bouncers :teehee:
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending