The Student Room Group

Why do people hate America?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by felamaslen
As it happens, that's another can of worms which I could open. Israel is another country that is criticised much more, and for much lesser crimes, than other countries. China commits much worse crimes against its own population than Israel commits against the Palestinians.

Israel stole recently the territory of another population
Reply 21
Original post by player19
I personally like America and consider it as a land of freedom but I dont like that it is helping various Islamofascist groups in the Middle Eastern. Instead of helping Arab secular leaders like Assad or Gadaffi to build a civilised Arabia they are helping the decadent islamistic Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Yemen. Thoose countries are bastions of al Qaida and backward islam.

That's the point, isn't it. We should be condemning the regimes, not America. At the end of the day, any civilised country needs to stay allied to the Saudis because they have a ****tonne of oil. Unless they have the resources and will to conduct a full-scale invasion and occupation of Saudi Arabia, something which I would be in favour of if it were guaranteed to depose the regime and create a stable, secular state.
Reply 22
I don't, I just hate the complete and utter MORONS that live there.
Reply 23
As it happens, that's another can of worms which I could open. Israel is another country that is criticised much more, and for much lesser crimes, than other countries. China commits much worse crimes against its own population than Israel commits against the Palestinians.

Israel can more easily be rectified than China; a war to change China would be global and catastrophic resulting in the deaths of hundreds of millions of people.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 24
Original post by player19
It was not their land so no Israel did not stole from anyone.

But yes, the average uneducated religious muslims hates America because they are supppsly "invading muslim countries" although they are in fact invading secular arab countries and therefore thoose uneducated muslims should be happy.for American.policy inthe Middle East.

I personally like America and consider it as a land of freedom but I dont like that it is helping various Islamofascist groups in the Middle Eastern. Instead of helping Arab secular leaders like Assad or Gadaffi to build a civilised Arabia they are helping the decadent islamistic Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Yemen. Thoose countries are bastions of al Qaida and backward islam.

it was theirs.It's clear to everyone.This is why only America wanted to create at the start,then all others agreed because USA and its Jewish leaders had the power
Reply 25
Original post by Tigers
Israel stole recently the territory of another population

China stole the territory of the Tibetans. It censors the internet; forbids more than one child; forbids democracy. I would rather live in occupied Palestine than occupied Tibet, or for that matter, any part of occupied China. That's to say, I count the entire mainland of China as occupied territory, because it is not a democracy.
Reply 26
Original post by ninth2
I don't, I just hate the complete and utter MORONS that live there.

They are no worse than the morons living everywhere. Seriously. Check out the idiocy available in the UK, or whatever country you happen to live in. And that just pales in comparison to the sheer, unadulterated nonsense pouring out of the third world. In comparison, America and the rest of the civilised world is an oasis of enlightenment.
Reply 27
That's the point, isn't it. We should be condemning the regimes, not America. At the end of the day, any civilised country needs to stay allied to the Saudis because they have a ****tonne of oil. Unless they have the resources and will to conduct a full-scale invasion and occupation of Saudi Arabia, something which I would be in favour of if it were guaranteed to depose the regime and create a stable, secular state.

America is allied to Saudi Arabia only because America is ruled by Jewish leaders and Saudi Arabia doesn't go against Israel.Iran has oil but USA are not their friends
Reply 28
If everybody followed the example of the American constitution, the world would be a better place. Given most other countries' track records, I don't know why the US is held in such contempt. If it weren't for them, Europe would be under either Nazi or Soviet tyranny today, or some grotesque combination of the two. I believe that while they are by no means perfect, we should be thanking them and encouraging others in the world to follow their example (freedom and democracy).

While I agree that George Bush was cack-handed, arrogant and ignorant, people hated him so much that they forgot about the actual people in the world who are making it such an awful place for others, by butchering them for insane or petty crimes such as being gay, or locking them up for holding an opinion. Are these dictators infantile, not warranting as much personal responsibility?

tl;dr if you hate America, I can't imagine how much disgust you must feel for the majority of the countries in the world. Either that, or you have been indoctrinated with anti-American bigotry.

I like the constitution. What I don't like is the fact that America itself disrespects it. I can't say I dislike America, but I can say I dislike some aspects of American culture and the American government. I think all my complaints boil down to hypocrisy.
I'm not saying America is the only country that I am critical about, but I can say America's representatives, and sometimes citizens have been exceptionally pretentious over the last few decades.
You mention the Jewish genocide in Europe, might I remind you of the genocide against native Americans? I believe the latter was more effective, extensive and murderous. Might I also remind you of drone strikes and illegitimate murderous wars that have led to millions of citizen deaths, all in the in the spirit of neo-colonialism? There's also the matter of the NSA and the matter of the death penalty (despite it being a religious country 'In God we trust'-ten commandments anyone? Thou shalt not kill?).
I don't deny good things have come from America. I love American music, movies and philosophers (Thoreau is amazing) and I adore the tv show The good wife at the moment, I just don't think the country deserves near religious adoration and frantic patriotism. I have never heard of another country that has made up a similar word to anti-americanism. Seriously. Anti-Dutchism? Anti-francism?
I'm sorry if this came off as a rant, but I couldn't find a suitable answer in your poll. Have a nice night :smile:
Reply 29
Original post by Tigers
America is allied to Saudi Arabia only because America is ruled by Jewish leaders and Saudi Arabia doesn't go against Israel.Iran has oil but USA are not their friends

Maybe because the Saudis have more oil, and as the leading Sunni nation they are naturally enemies of the leading Shia nation, Iran, so the US is just maximising its profit...

... it makes no less sense than your crackpot theory about Jews.
Reply 30
China stole the territory of the Tibetans. It censors the internet; forbids more than one child; forbids democracy. I would rather live in occupied Palestine than occupied Tibet, or for that matter, any part of occupied China. That's to say, I count the entire mainland of China as occupied territory, because it is not a democracy.

not recently.Tibet are like IRA,they want independence from the mainland.you can agree or disagree with them but it's not like a sudden build up of a new State like America did in Palestine
Reply 31
Maybe because the Saudis have more oil, and as the leading Sunni nation they are naturally enemies of the leading Shia nation, Iran, so the US is just maximising its profit...

... it makes no less sense than your crackpot theory about Jews.

then Henry Ford,one of the most important Americans in History,said a crackpot theory.But even if you think that about him(you are entitled of any opinion) just ask yourself why America was so eager to create Israel knowing it would have angered millions of fanatic Muslims and why it gives Israel weapons worth billions for nothing.Nobody does it for any other nation
Reply 32
They are no worse than the morons living everywhere. Seriously. Check out the idiocy available in the UK, or whatever country you happen to live in. And that just pales in comparison to the sheer, unadulterated nonsense pouring out of the third world. In comparison, America and the rest of the civilised world is an oasis of enlightenment.

That's very true. But I still think - actually, know - that people in the UK are (generally, on the whole) more rational, less religiously inclined and less hysterical. Downsides to this include us being quite pessimistic compared to their WELL HOWDY DOO nature, but I guess it's given us a better grasp on sarcastic, dark humour too, which I like.

And yes, compared to third world countries (also looking at you, Russia) we are both light years ahead. Just I think the UK is that little bit further along :smile:
Reply 33
This post generally gave me a good laugh. So outrageously biased!

"If it weren't for them, Europe would be under either Nazi or Soviet tyranny today"

If it weren't for us, Americans (non-native) wouldn't exist. The credit Americans claim for 'saving' Europe is unreal...
Reply 34
Original post by Smushy
I like the constitution. What I don't like is the fact that America itself disrespects it.

I agree, but at least it is chained to it by the supreme court.

I can't say I dislike America, but I can say I dislike some aspects of American culture and the American government. I think all my complaints boil down to hypocrisy.

As do mine: hypocrisy while criticising America and virtually ignoring others.

I'm not saying America is the only country that I am critical about, but I can say America's representatives, and sometimes citizens have been exceptionally pretentious over the last few decades.
You mention the Jewish genocide in Europe, might I remind you of the genocide against native Americans? I believe the latter was more effective, extensive and murderous.

Firstly, the genocides against the native Americans were committed by colonialists before the existence of the United States, so it is more or less irrelevant. Even so, many native Americans died due to European disease, which was carried over unwittingly, not in an attempt to commit genocide. Contrast this with the Nazi regime, which formed an autocratic government around the state of Germany (not "the thirteen colonies of West-Central Europe"; Deutschland); the regime which purposefully oppressed and then wiped out six million-odd people for insane reasons. This is such an inane comparison by you that it beggars belief.

Might I also remind you of drone strikes and illegitimate murderous wars that have led to millions of citizen deaths, all in the in the spirit of neo-colonialism?

I also disagree with the Iraq war. But back to my original point: why not criticise the Iraqi insurgents which are still creating utter misery for people in that country? Why lay the blame with America?

There's also the matter of the NSA and the matter of the death penalty (despite it being a religious country 'In God we trust'-ten commandments anyone? Thou shalt not kill?).

And there's also the matter of the umpteen other countries which also use the death penalty, often for trivial or non-existent crimes such as sorcery or homosexuality. I don't think it should be used at all, but at least America only uses it for murder, and at that, only in the more backward states.

And the NSA? That's pathetic. Compare it to the great firewall of China. Or the banning of the internet in North Korea. Or Pakistan, or Iran, or countless other authoritarian hell-holes. America is an oasis of liberty in comparison.

I don't deny good things have come from America. I love American music, movies and philosophers (Thoreau is amazing) and I adore the tv show The good wife at the moment, I just don't think the country deserves near religious adoration and frantic patriotism. I have never heard of another country that has made up a similar word to anti-americanism. Seriously. Anti-Dutchism? Anti-francism?

That's just the point. The word anti-Americanism exists because lots of people hate America for irrational, illogical reasons. I don't think we should be religiously adoring any country. Although if I had to, it would be America, because it is one of the best of a bad lot. They have done more good for the world in my view than almost all other countries put together.

I'm sorry if this came off as a rant, but I couldn't find a suitable answer in your poll. Have a nice night :smile:

No problem :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 35
I hate Hollywood ! I'm going to switch to Bollywood !
Reply 36
Original post by M1011
This post generally gave me a good laugh. So outrageously biased!

"If it weren't for them, Europe would be under either Nazi or Soviet tyranny today"

If it weren't for us, Americans (non-native) wouldn't exist. The credit Americans claim for 'saving' Europe is unreal...

The ideas of liberty and democracy did not kill the native Americans. The ideas of liberty and democracy which are associated with America via the US constitution, saved Europe. Please understand this.
because they invade everything on the planet that has oil.

never let America near an Indian curry. Never.
Reply 38
The ideas of liberty and democracy did not kill the native Americans. The ideas of liberty and democracy which are associated with America via the US constitution, saved Europe. Please understand this.

What in the world are you on about? What relevance does this have to my post? Your ignorance is staggering.
Reply 39
Lol America responsible for their actions.
"No, look, forget that we've been spying on you - he's been spying on us! He's the bad guy we swear it!"

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending